Why become a member? ×

Love it or Hate it?

urbanx

I'd love it more in white, opinions still divided on it though. Whats your opinion on it compaired to a jazz bass ?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXWMkRcqlO4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXWMkRcqlO4[/url] Sounding good here though

Edited by buff

I think they look great!
Theyre like a super cool looking Jazz with a 2band EQ (not saying Jazz's arent cool looking enough to begin with)

Although i would love to mod one to have a pair of Jazz-Humbuckers (like rio-grande powerbuckers or something)
Change the pickup on/off switches to Single/Humbucking Switches for each pickup and possibly change the third for a Midrand Boost switch or something.

[quote name='Greene-Mann' post='631696' date='Oct 20 2009, 07:22 PM']I think they look great!
Theyre like a super cool looking Jazz with a 2band EQ (not saying Jazz's arent cool looking enough to begin with)

Although i would love to mod one to have a pair of Jazz-Humbuckers (like rio-grande powerbuckers or something)
Change the pickup on/off switches to Single/Humbucking Switches for each pickup and possibly change the third for a Midrand Boost switch or something.[/quote]

G.A.K have a stagg bass that looks a lot like a jag for £139, one piece alder body etc might make a cracking project for better electrics.

I really like these Basses, think they play and sound great.

The only reason I didn't buy one was because I couldn't get out with the layout of the controls, and every now and then I'd knock the ones above the neck, but that's my cack handed technique more than anything!

Great photos also BTW :)

[quote name='buff' post='631690' date='Oct 20 2009, 07:18 PM']Was chatting to a bass player friend on friday night at a gig about the jag. He had one but couldnt get on with it, although he says on hindsight he didnt give it a real go. He thought his was short scale.[/quote]

I had one, Sunburst, from a Jap Fender importer. 34" Scale
Great to look at but despite trying, couldn't fall for it.
Never rehearsed or gigged with it.
Went to a new home, the guy loved it to bits!! :rolleyes:
Horses for courses :)

Flat Eric :lol:

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='631535' date='Oct 20 2009, 05:11 PM']I've never seen a grey headstock on a red bass before. Most novel.[/quote]
[quote name='steve' post='634601' date='Oct 23 2009, 04:48 PM']...I'm not sure about the grey headstock tho - I think I need to see the whole bass in one pic to see how it all fits together.[/quote]

Seriously? Take another look at the photo. Notice [i]any[/i] colour in it? Also note self-appraisal as 'amateur [i]photographer[/i]' - i.e. have to chuck in the odd B&W photo! Nice lighting and set-up by the way.

[quote name='danlea' post='634611' date='Oct 23 2009, 05:01 PM']Seriously? Take another look at the photo. Notice [i]any[/i] colour in it? Also note self-appraisal as 'amateur [i]photographer[/i]' - i.e. have to chuck in the odd B&W photo! Nice lighting and set-up by the way.[/quote]

Well, I can't speak for steve, but I was definitely being hilarious.

S.P.