Why become a member? ×

FS Wal Pro 1

Captain Rumble

For Sale my Wal pro 1 1987 W2782 its on the evil bay at an evil bay price but if one of you guys is interested make me an offer.
Those that went to the SE bassbash have seen it and those that didn't "shame on you"
I've put up the only pic I have at the moment but can post more detailed pics if required
Any questions please ask I probably wont know the answer but I'll just add it to all the other things I discovered I didn't know about it whille at the bassbash.

Cheers

john

[attachment=34505:IMG_0247.JPG]

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='627155' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:48 PM']That's what me and Walman said! And it plays like a dream too...[/quote]
It's sublime to play. If I had the spare cash etc etc.....

[quote name='MB1' post='627117' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:19 PM']MB1. :)
....More Decking spotted in Portsmouth! :lol:[/quote]
:rolleyes:

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='MB1' post='627117' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:19 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
....More Decking spotted in Portsmouth! :lol:

.....and the price?(for the bass! not the decking!)[/quote]
Its on the evil bay with a reserve of £1100 what a bargain :lol: so you get the idea of the sort of thing I'm thinking of but dont let that stop you giving me a good laugh.
I'm afraid I really do need the cash so cant do trades sorry :)

Cheers

john

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='627087' date='Oct 15 2009, 04:55 PM']For Sale my Wal pro 1 1987 W2782 its on the evil bay at an evil bay price but if one of you guys is interested make me an offer.
Those that went to the SE bassbash have seen it and those that didn't "shame on you"
I've put up the only pic I have at the moment but can post more detailed pics if required
Any questions please ask I probably wont know the answer but I'll just add it to all the other things I discovered I didn't know about it whille at the bassbash.

Cheers

john[/quote]
Thinking about it John, I'm not exactly sure whether this is a Pro model or a Custom model?

It was built in 1987 so that is in the 'Custom' era if you like, but I can't remember what circuitry Wal put in these particular models... Because even a Wal passive bass has some kind of circuitry in it..

Not sure if that's a help to you or not but thought I'd mention it in case it is.

Nik

Hi guys
thanks for all the interest and yes the Wal is still for sale a lot of you have said you want it but no one has yet actualy made an offer and short of the highest bidder getting it (smaks of evil bay) I'm not sure how to sort this out.
If you have pm'd me and I have not responded I appolagise but bare with me a sudden and unexpected death in the family last night has thrown me let me know what you think and I'll get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Thanks
John

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='627424' date='Oct 15 2009, 10:46 PM']Thinking about it John, I'm not exactly sure whether this is a Pro model or a Custom model?

It was built in 1987 so that is in the 'Custom' era if you like, but I can't remember what circuitry Wal put in these particular models... Because even a Wal passive bass has some kind of circuitry in it..

Not sure if that's a help to you or not but thought I'd mention it in case it is.

Nik[/quote]
Thanks Nik it was sold to me as a Pro 1 so maybe its on the cusp or maybe the Bass centre new even less than me

john

[quote name='pete.young' post='628516' date='Oct 17 2009, 09:30 AM']Well done. I'm so glad that this lovely bass has gone to a good home.[/quote]
Not sold yet took it off ebay (hate it) as three basschatters all offered me £1100 they are all mainland europe and are willing to pay shipping so I just have to sort out who gets it. I decided to ask them too make one improved offer each and the highest offer will get it, this is open to anyone else who is interested but be quick please. sh*t I hate this sort of thing home is an emotional warzone and upcoming funeral expenses I'm hoping someone will get my Wal at a price they feel is right and I can sort my cash flow.
Hope you all understand

thanks

john

More info on these newer Pro basses can be found here;

[url="http://www.trevorandthea.eclipse.co.uk/history3.html"]http://www.trevorandthea.eclipse.co.uk/history3.html[/url]

The price this is going for is pretty good - never mind for a Wal, but for an older handmade British bass! It's a tasty example as well....

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='628635' date='Oct 17 2009, 12:23 PM']More info on these newer Pro basses can be found here;

[url="http://www.trevorandthea.eclipse.co.uk/history3.html"]http://www.trevorandthea.eclipse.co.uk/history3.html[/url]

The price this is going for is pretty good - never mind for a Wal, but for an older handmade British bass! It's a tasty example as well....

D.[/quote]
Thanks for that when I bought it I bought it without knowing anything about Wal it just played better than anything else in the shop by a mile imho.
john