Why become a member? ×

FS Wal Pro 1

Captain Rumble

[quote name='logicalmike' post='628813' date='Oct 17 2009, 04:06 PM']Hi there mike from wales here is the wal bass still for sale-I saw it on e bay and I was looking forward to bidding for it.
I can be reached on 02920 702644. It looks similar to the bass I tried in Cardiff s Livewire over 25 years ago![/quote]
PM'd

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='629131' date='Oct 17 2009, 10:55 PM']If your not after Cash only, I'd point you towards Shaggy, he's got some cracking basses to trade AND he's looking for a Wal AND! he's right next to us in Swansea (save ebay commission + postage) AND!!! He's a great chap to do a deal with. Win win situation... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Many thanks for the good words Schnozzalee - was mightily tempted by this but I'm hanging on for a 2 p/u Mk1 custom fretless, and/or a Travis Bean. Must have let 3 or 4 (Wals) just slip through my fingers over the years, but one day...... :)
'Twas a pleasure to deal with you too - hope you're getting some good "mwah" from that Guild!

[quote name='littleal' post='629372' date='Oct 18 2009, 11:59 AM']I would so swap my 89 warwick nt6 fretless for this :rolleyes:

I'm on the isle of wight so could meet in portsmouth no problem :lol:[/quote]
I have only just managed to figure out what to do with 4 strings, what are the other 2 for ? :)
Thanks for the offer but I really need the cash
Have PM'd you

John

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='629505' date='Oct 18 2009, 02:56 PM']I have only just managed to figure out what to do with 4 strings, what are the other 2 for ? :)
Thanks for the offer but I really need the cash
Have PM'd you

John[/quote]

I'll let you know when i've worked it out myself, Looks good though :rolleyes:

Cheers John, Pm'd you back,

Al

[quote name='littleal' post='630542' date='Oct 19 2009, 05:24 PM']It reminds me of one that i sold around 5 years ago, the only difference is mine was fretless,[/quote]

I like that. alot. Excuse my thickness, but what's the "8" thingy at the end of the board - something like the metal "slap plate" on Wilkins basses?
Like the avatar too - I once rebuilt a BSA Starfire in a bedroom....... :)

[quote name='Shaggy' post='630583' date='Oct 19 2009, 06:03 PM']I like that. alot. Excuse my thickness, but what's the "8" thingy at the end of the board - something like the metal "slap plate" on Wilkins basses?
Like the avatar too - I once rebuilt a BSA Starfire in a bedroom....... :)[/quote]

Looks like a number 8....!

Actually, it might be an `infinity' inlay - looks a bit like MOP to me. Wilkes (sorry shaggy) had two brass plates inset at the end of the board for `all those thumbing smack players' (that was in their advert back in the day!).

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='630599' date='Oct 19 2009, 06:18 PM']Looks like a number 8....!

Actually, it might be an `infinity' inlay - looks a bit like MOP to me. Wilkes (sorry shaggy) had two brass plates inset at the end of the board for `all those thumbing smack players' (that was in their advert back in the day!).

Nick[/quote]

Yes it is an infinity abalone inlay (long story) I've would love to buy it back but i have no idea who owns it now :)

[quote name='littleal' post='630542' date='Oct 19 2009, 05:24 PM']It reminds me of one that i sold around 5 years ago, the only difference is mine was fretless,[/quote]

Now that's filth.

I had a Wal Pro1 with a black scratchplate, very early but with a later fretless neck, one of the few bases I wish I still had...

Captain, thats a mighty fine looking bass.

Hey John,

The Wal Pro looks like a really awesome bass, and in lovely condition as you described. I cant believe someone hasent bought this yet.

How you getting on with the Greek ? Great I hope ! Ive put the Blonde up for sale, otherwise ok here.

All the best to you and the family
Ken

[quote name='UK Ken' post='632209' date='Oct 21 2009, 11:11 AM']Hey John,

The Wal Pro looks like a really awesome bass, and in lovely condition as you described. I cant believe someone hasent bought this yet.

How you getting on with the Greek ? Great I hope ! Ive put the Blonde up for sale, otherwise ok here.

All the best to you and the family
Ken[/quote]
Hi Ken
How are you both Well I trust I'm having to learn to be less heavy handed those pups are so powerfull and I've nearly got the kneck where I want it.
Blonde up for sale that must mean your getting on well with the Jazman then thats definately a bass I wouldnt mind owning.
All the best
john

Hi John,

Glad to hear your getting on with the Greek, but sorry that your having to get rid of your beloved Wal. I know you have really cherished that beauty forever, hopefully you can find her a new home soon :rolleyes:. The Blonde got a new home last week :) Hope everything is going good for you guys !

All the best
Ken