Why become a member? ×

Leather stingray!

ZPQ

Anyone seen anything like this before?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-Stingray-Bass-Guitar-Fretless_W0QQitemZ250170683987QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Not sure if it's hideous or cool.... new stratchplate will help.

I wonder what is under the leather.

Cheers
John

[quote name='ZPQ' post='67472' date='Sep 29 2007, 07:46 PM']Anyone seen anything like this before?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-Stingray-Bass-Guitar-Fretless_W0QQitemZ250170683987QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]
Not sure if it's hideous or cool.... new stratchplate will help.

I wonder what is under the leather.
Cheers
John[/quote]
2 interesting things - why is it listed music man / olp? and why don't you win in the last 5 seconds? All that does is shorten the auction by 5 seconds! Now 6 to go = 1 to go.
(Oh and it's bloody odd isn't it btw)

stewblack

Having looked through a few musicman ads on ebay alot of them say musicman/olp as a brand, i guess it must be a standard thing.

Also what i think he means is he dosnt want people with no feedback or low feedback to bid so he is saying thay cant try to bid in the last few seconds so he has to sell it to them. Thats how i read it anyway

its a weird one but i would want to no whats under the leather.

Oh dear he's just asking to have his auction stopped with the comment about not selling to the highest bidder even if they win... and yes I have read and understand the bit about 98%, 0 rated etc. but he unfortunately can't make that statement according to eBay rules.

Wonder what lurks under the leather (am I talking Ms Crowe or the bass!).

[quote name='metaltime' post='67522' date='Sep 29 2007, 10:34 PM']stewblack

Having looked through a few musicman ads on ebay alot of them say musicman/olp as a brand, i guess it must be a standard thing.

Also what i think he means is he dosnt want people with no feedback or low feedback to bid so he is saying thay cant try to bid in the last few seconds so he has to sell it to them. Thats how i read it anyway

its a weird one but i would want to no whats under the leather.[/quote]
A bit odd though - if I was selling an original Music Man I wouldn't want people to thing it was just an OLP. I understand the zero feedback bit but it's the no winning bids in the last 5 seconds part that seemed a tad pointless. If I was going to snipe with 4 seconds to go - well all I now need to do is do it with 9 seconds to go.

[quote name='stewblack' post='67973' date='Oct 1 2007, 07:26 AM']A bit odd though - if I was selling an original Music Man I wouldn't want people to thing it was just an OLP. I understand the zero feedback bit but it's the no winning bids in the last 5 seconds part that seemed a tad pointless. If I was going to snipe with 4 seconds to go - well all I now need to do is do it with 9 seconds to go.[/quote]

I think he means that zero feedback types will still have their bids removed, even if [i]they[/i] bid in the last five seconds. I think people with OK feedback will be fine.

[quote name='neepheid' post='68001' date='Oct 1 2007, 09:30 AM']I think he means that zero feedback types will still have their bids removed, even if [i]they[/i] bid in the last five seconds. I think people with OK feedback will be fine.[/quote]
Ah I see.