Why become a member? ×

NORTH EAST BASS BASH - NOVEMBER 2009 - PICS & VIDEO ADDED!

wateroftyne

[quote name='gazhowe' post='669595' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:58 PM']Great afternoon spent trying out and listening to great gear and some tasty players. Also really nice to meet fellow BC members. The variety of gear on display was fantastic - I was really taken by those Aguilar 1x12's in Chocolate Thunder! :rolleyes:

A big 'thanks' to WoT for organising a great event. Well done sir! :)

Gaz[/quote]
why thankyou Gaz,the cabs are well worth it,love them. Really great to meet everyone there yesterday. Some fantastic gear there. Thanks WOT for organising again.
Went to sleep last night dreaming of new amp heads to complete the setup....much decisions :-)
Hope the head recovers mate-totally forgot to try the Hellborg!!! Prob a good thing as I might have had to buy it-yeah right Graeme...

[quote name='umcoo' post='669414' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:06 PM']That Matamp stack looks bitchin' Monz![/quote]

I thang ewe :)

Funnily enough it was the 2x12 that seem to catch peoples attention.... untill I fired the amp up of course LOL

Any way thanks to WOT for organising and everyone there... It was a really good day and had a play on a really nice SR5 although the neck was different to mine it sounded awesome, I just can't remember who's it was :rolleyes:

Just got home from my meetings in the NE, so can I also add my thanks to WoT for the organisation.

Alpha-dave, the out of print tutor book for DB is "Creative bass technique" by Henry Portnoi. If you search on Portnoi on this forum you will find the thread that lists it and others.

[url="http://www.vitoliuzzi.com/creative-bass-technique-by-enry-portnoi/"]http://www.vitoliuzzi.com/creative-bass-te...y-enry-portnoi/[/url] appears to be a down-loadable copy

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='670245' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:17 PM']Just got home from my meetings in the NE, so can I also add my thanks to WoT for the organisation.

Alpha-dave, the out of print tutor book for DB is "Creative bass technique" by Henry Portnoi. If you search on Portnoi on this forum you will find the thread that lists it and others.

[url="http://www.vitoliuzzi.com/creative-bass-technique-by-enry-portnoi/"]http://www.vitoliuzzi.com/creative-bass-te...y-enry-portnoi/[/url] appears to be a down-loadable copy[/quote]

That's brilliant thank you, just a brief search has shown that there really are a lot of resources out there!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='671604' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:45 PM']Here's some more photos, courtesy of BassTool. Cheers, Johna!

[/quote]

Chuffin hell mate; not only did you bust your amp but you snapped the headstock off that fender... come to think of it, there's something wrong with the body as well! :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='671709' date='Dec 1 2009, 11:19 PM']Chuffin hell mate; not only did you bust your amp but you snapped the headstock off that fender... come to think of it, there's something wrong with the body as well! :lol: :)[/quote]
I thought it was a ladder nailed to a goldfish. :rolleyes: (The old ones are still the best.)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='671889' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:03 AM']Where were ya, man?[/quote]
Making money, unfortunately, Michael. :) I was accosted, dragged to a Venue in Sunderland, and forced to do the Sound for a bunch of reprobates who have the temerity to call themselves Musicians. :lol: They also forced foul-tasting Beer down my throat, so I wouldn't be able to drive afterwards. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='672145' date='Dec 2 2009, 03:04 PM']Making money, unfortunately, Michael. :) I was accosted, dragged to a Venue in Sunderland, and forced to do the Sound for a bunch of reprobates who have the temerity to call themselves Musicians. :lol: They also forced foul-tasting Beer down my throat, so I wouldn't be able to drive afterwards. :rolleyes:[/quote]
NOOOOOOOOO

The humanity!

Good on ya. :lol:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='671709' date='Dec 1 2009, 11:19 PM']Chuffin hell mate; not only did you bust your amp but you snapped the headstock off that fender... come to think of it, there's something wrong with the body as well! :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]

I thought he may put a dent in his Fender credentials being spotted with one of these on, he was grinning for a while :lol: :) :lol: needs the strap heightening though........ :lol: Gotta say it sounded class through the Markbass head and Bergantino 4x10 cab, that Gaz Howe is one fortunate man :lol:

Me amp's fixed!

Just had this back from the repair chap:

[quote]Hi Michael.

I've got it done for you. There was a bit of internal damage (nothing serious) which I've repaired and I managed to straighten the handle as well.

Total cost £35

Cheers,

Barry[/quote]

Yaaaaay.. I'm so happy.

I can't recommend [url="http://www.cameronelectronics.co.uk/"]Barry Cameron[/url] enough. Lovely bloke, and even though I have repair options north of the Tyne, I'd still rather make the trip to see Barry in Sunderland.

And that's REALLY saying something. :)