Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bass For Sale - Mint Brand New

bassatnight

Due to recent acquisitions I find myself no longer having room for a few basses; here we have a month old brand new Lakland 44-01 with supplied Lakland gig bag.
The bass is totally mint and unplayed bar tuning it. It has lovely robust Hipshot tuners in gun metal and comes in a beautiful natural finish.

I am looking for £600.

Not looking for trades.

With respect, I can get this exact bass new for that- might be difficult to sell s/h for that price, in these times I'm afraid. I sold my 55-01 dlx for around £500 and bought a 55-01 regular for £380 not so long ago. Great basses though!

With respect I bought it under a month ago that in my book is pretty new! thank you for your views and your helpful advice.

[quote name='Mike' post='620009' date='Oct 7 2009, 09:48 PM']With respect, I can get this exact bass new for that- might be difficult to sell s/h for that price, in these times I'm afraid. I sold my 55-01 dlx for around £500 and bought a 55-01 regular for £380 not so long ago. Great basses though![/quote]

Right, I am getting slowly peed off with this. I paid £669 from GAK for this bass three weeks ago and am trying to recoup as much as I can, who wouldn't?

Like you guys I can find any bass if I look hard enough for cheaper as we all can.
If you don't want to pay £600 for it then don't, if you can get it cheaper elsewhere then good for you go ahead and do it.

I am up for bids, but what is the point of stitching a fellow chat member up by making personal comments about finding it cheaper elsewhere, I think we are all adult enough to shop around as is everyones right. I hope if you guys sell anything on here someone doesn't do the same to you.

I am not a shop, just a bass player trying to sell an instrument for a price that is less than I paid for it.

I shall take this post down now as it's well and truly stitched up! I hope the mods will look into this kind of helpful advice for sellers!

[quote name='bassatnight' post='620114' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:34 PM']Right, I am getting slowly peed off with this. I paid £669 from GAK for this bass three weeks ago and am trying to recoup as much as I can, who wouldn't?

Like you guys I can find any bass if I look hard enough for cheaper as we all can.
If you don't want to pay £600 for it then don't, if you can get it cheaper elsewhere then good for you go ahead and do it.

I am up for bids, but what is the point of stitching a fellow chat member up by making personal comments about finding it cheaper elsewhere, I think we are all adult enough to shop around as is everyones right. I hope if you guys sell anything on here someone doesn't do the same to you.

I am not a shop, just a bass player trying to sell an instrument for a price that is less than I paid for it.

I shall take this post down now as it's well and truly stitched up! I hope the mods will look into this kind of helpful advice for sellers![/quote]

Hey

I hate the way retailers have such different prices, I know your frustration. I got quoted a lot more for my Lakland ive ordered everywhere else I went, luckily I got a really good price.

Good luck with the sale.

Gareth

Thanks for the kind message Gareth, sanity at last!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='620122' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:40 PM']Hey

I hate the way retailers have such different prices, I know your frustration. I got quoted a lot more for my Lakland ive ordered everywhere else I went, luckily I got a really good price.

Good luck with the sale.

Gareth[/quote]

I'd like to sympathise with you Mr Bassatnight but you have too many nice basses and it serves you right :)

Seriously though I thought the policy on here was not to quibble over sellers prices in public and as you say effectivelystitch up honest members who just want to sell their stuff. If you don't like the price don't buy or if you feel that you must offer advice because someone is taking the wotsit then surely a PM would be more appropriate.
Any moderators advice here?

Good luck with your sale.
Mike

Edit: This from the market place guidlines

"5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price".

I rest my case

Edited by lonestar

Thanks Mike, you are quite right. I fully expect not to sell for £600 but I think everyone should put up some kind of starting point.

Personal opinions should be sent to me privately and not put on a sales thread at my expense.

If someone was struggling to find a Lakland in my finish that they really wanted for example and had tried a few shops (we have all done it) to no avail and was prepared to offer me £600 or close, thats their choice and mine to accept reject it. I bet I could do what they have done to every sale on here, the point is if I think a price is high I just walk away and don't bid.

People are putting up personal opinions and making decisions on what is a fair price and what isn't Its not like I am putting up a Fender Squire and asking a grand for it!

I am hoping a Moderator will send me a message as I feel the rule you have highlighted pertains to this issue.

I have nothing against people having points of view but make them to the Mods or me personally.

Cheers,

Steve.

[quote name='lonestar' post='620160' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:14 AM']I'd like to sympathise with you Mr Bassatnight but you have too many nice basses and it serves you right :)

Seriously though I thought the policy on here was not to quibble over sellers prices in public and as you say effectivelystitch up honest members who just want to sell their stuff. If you don't like the price don't buy or if you feel that you must offer advice because someone is taking the wotsit then surely a PM would be more appropriate.
Any moderators advice here?

Good luck with your sale.
Mike

Edit: This from the market place guidlines

"5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price".

I rest my case[/quote]

How come if someone is selling a bass on ebay/gumtree/etc and it's not worth the money, or isn't really as described then it's OK to comment ...
But when it's a fellow BC'er selling on this forum we have to keep schtuum ?

Honestly, I think it's fair game for someone to comment on a "For Sale" item if they think a bass is overpriced, not as spec'ed (i.e. vintage Fenders) or anything else. I welcome the comment. I might have thought about a particular bass and be relieved for a valued opinion. The whole idea of BC is to give vaue for money, and offer a medium of selling your gear to a target audience, i.e. other Bass Players.

Just my tuppence worth !!!!

[quote name='largo' post='620249' date='Oct 8 2009, 08:54 AM']How come if someone is selling a bass on ebay/gumtree/etc and it's not worth the money, or isn't really as described then it's OK to comment ...
But when it's a fellow BC'er selling on this forum we have to keep schtuum ?

Honestly, I think it's fair game for someone to comment on a "For Sale" item if they think a bass is overpriced, not as spec'ed (i.e. vintage Fenders) or anything else. I welcome the comment. I might have thought about a particular bass and be relieved for a valued opinion. The whole idea of BC is to give vaue for money, and offer a medium of selling your gear to a target audience, i.e. other Bass Players.

Just my tuppence worth !!!![/quote]

Clearly because people get pissed off, which is a bad thing. I would expect in this day and age that people considering such a purchase would take the 30 seconds to see what Google thinks about the price. To be fair, just because a supplier is advertising something doesn't always mean that it's sitting in stock and you can actually buy it for that price. If the real street price of these turns out to be nearer 700 quid then fair play. If it isn't he ain't going to sell it.

Blimey this has stirred up a nest, and all at my expense.

Just because Mike managed to get a Lakland for a real bargain price does that mean I must sell mine for some 50% off - for a 3 week old instrument!?
I have now requested all these personal comments be removed!

[quote name='largo' post='620302' date='Oct 8 2009, 10:05 AM']But Google very rarely give market value on second hand goods. Mike did give an indication of what he'd sold his 55-01's on the pre-owned market.[/quote]

I don't think a) that it was a particularly bargain price and :) I made "personal" comments.

I'm sorry you've construed them as such. They were meant to be helpful. This is the problem of buying new and selling straightaway.

It does seem a bit curious and one-sided that that comments like "that's a really good deal" are welcomed yet comments pointing out potential issues are verboten. In my view the maximum transparency is best and occurs if both buyers and sellers do their research and comment freely.

[quote name='sdgrsr400' post='620332' date='Oct 8 2009, 10:33 AM']It does seem a bit curious and one-sided that that comments like "that's a really good deal" are welcomed yet comments pointing out potential issues are verboten. In my view the maximum transparency is best and occurs if both buyers and sellers do their research and comment freely.[/quote]
To Sdgrsr400 and others, your views are not required and are contrary to the rules. Trashing a For Sale thread is pretty poor and the Mods asked us not to do it.

To Bassatnight; I would ask the Mods to delete this thread and start again. Hopefully it will go a bit better than this one. Sorry to butt in to your thread.

Edited by chris_b

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed and I am not going to waste more time on this, as I have stated before if you feel its too much then don't bid!

If you want to give me some friendly advice on the price, then fine please do so, but please PM them to me rather than putting your personal point of view.

You may feel £600 is too much, somone else might not. Also £600 is a starting point if someone offers me less I may accept it I didn't for one minute think someone would offer me the full asking price and does anyone who sells? the point is this forum isn't the lets sell our basses for rock bottom prices, you feel the £350 you paid is a fair price for a £650 bass I think you did very well particularly if its fairly new, currently the Laklands on E-bay are all at the £600+ mark and some of them are second hand.

Ultimately there is no way I am going to sell a 3 week old bass for a 50% mark down price!

I'm gonna close this thread as it has quite obviously run it's course.

@Bassatnight, I think it would be a good idea to start a new for sale thread, perhaps inviting PM's only when commenting on price

@everyone else - Come on guys, we've been over this many-a-time, if you have a comment about a price, send a polite PM :)

Price comments over PM and allowing comments on a 'good price' is not one-sided, it just so happens that the latter tends to destroy FS threads and the former doesn't. The kind of person who is aware of and wishing to buy a Lakland, and other non-fender brands, are quite capable of finding out if the price is accurate.

Cool, good luck with the sale
Si