Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Your cover of rhythm stick is so good, I’ve attempted that many times but failed 😁

I did that a few yrs ago purely as a test to see if i could do it. Problem i found was the stamina to keep it going. Eventually got it right but it was hard going. Completely forgot it now tho.

Dave

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I did that a few yrs ago purely as a test to see if i could do it. Problem i found was the stamina to keep it going. Eventually got it right but it was hard going. Completely forgot it now tho.

Dave

You did great there Dave, I had the notes down once but fell to pieces with it up to speed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd Hamby said:

Peg - Steely Dan (Chuck Rainey) bass cover

revisiting some older material that inspired me in the first years of my playing.

I see you've been promoted up to the 'house' from the 'basement/garage' Todd?! ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

This is going to take some getting used to 😄

How does it compare to your Thumbs?

Very different sounding, has more low end, different mid voicing, and 'weaker' (sic!) treble imo (dunno how to describe it...). Overall more versatile. It's quite comfy (love the narrow string spacing!), but I much prefer waxed wenge necks in 'Wicks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msb said:

Some say Ernie Ball make the finest production instruments in the US. I have some old friends that went a little nutty after buying Bongos. 
So be careful …

Haha thanx for the adice!;] I'll propably be selling it to buy myself another Warwick...

3 hours ago, SaimoN said:

Haha thanx for the adice!;] I'll propably be selling it to buy myself another Warwick...

Decided to dust down my old Warwick Thumb NT89 yesterday for a wee blast and i had forgotten how amazing it sounds with a nice mid cutting thru. Such a fantastic neck to play. Enjoyed it so much i had to have another go today. Still has the same elixir strings i put on 2010 and it still has a bit of zing in them even now. To be fair i very rarely play it but i've had it since 89 bought new and its a keeper for me.

Dave

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Decided to dust down my old Warwick Thumb NT89 yesterday for a wee blast and i had forgotten how amazing it sounds with a nice mid cutting thru. Such a fantastic neck to play. Enjoyed it so much i had to have another go today. Still has the same elixir strings i put on 2010 and it still has a bit of zing in them even now. To be fair i very rarely play it but i've had it since 89 bought new and its a keeper for me.

Dave

Cool! My oldest 'Wick is a 1990 Thumb NT 6, but I have for a year now only... But I enjoy it as much as you enjoy yours!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SaimoN said:

Cool! My oldest 'Wick is a 1990 Thumb NT 6, but I have for a year now only... But I enjoy it as much as you enjoy yours!

The older ones are by far the better necks IMO. Did look at a 6 once but went for my Overwater custom 6er fretless.

Dave

• Like 1

This is another one from the Nile Rodgers Tribute I’m in - it’s a compilation reel of the 5 songs we did for this showreel - the amount of time, effort and £££ that went into producing what was, in the end about 4-5 mins worth of video was a real eye opener!

I suppose it’s one of those things that has to be done if you no longer want to be playing the type of gigs where most of the audience leaves before your 2nd set as the Bingo is finished 😉 haha

Edited by Paddy777
  • Like 3