Why become a member? ×

Shuttle 9.0?!

Musicman20

[quote name='Rich' post='667332' date='Nov 27 2009, 01:32 PM']Well, if you guys are half as pleased with your 9.0s as I am with my 6.0, you'll be very very happy bunnies :)
Somebody do a review when they arrive![/quote]

I loved the 3.0 but I know this will be so much more amp for the size and the money - I have Tuesday off work so will be running it through its paces then - I think we may have to start a new thread in the reviews section tho.

M

[quote name='Musicman20' post='667350' date='Nov 27 2009, 01:46 PM']Apparently mine is in stock with the Bass Merchant and will be with me tomorrow....oh heck....I wasnt expecting it which is EVEN better!

Bonus....I have Monday off work....3 days to play around with it. YESSSS.

Expect photos and some sort of rough review by Monday guys.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='urb' post='667373' date='Nov 27 2009, 02:04 PM']I loved the 3.0 but I know this will be so much more amp for the size and the money - I have Tuesday off work so will be running it through its paces then - I think we may have to start a new thread in the reviews section tho.

M[/quote]

+1

I dont know why Im so excited....I think its because Ive always wanted a Shuttle of some type....and I waited around to see what happened.

Its so small/light, and so bloomin powerful. Im looking forward to playing with the tube gain...wouldnt mind a little bit of dirt every now and then.

Ive also just realised it fits in my gig bag I use for the LM3, the Gig Skinz one, so thats good news.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='667441' date='Nov 27 2009, 03:03 PM']Good luck Gareth. At least this will take your mind off the other GAS.[/quote]

Definitely...ill probably realise enough is enough...but I still need a 5 string. Tbh....I think I might just leave it for 3-6 months and try out everything I can. Not sure yet.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='667448' date='Nov 27 2009, 03:09 PM']Definitely...ill oprobably realise enough is enough...but I still need a 5 string. Tbh....I think I might just leave it for 3-6 months and try out everything I can. Not sure yet.[/quote]

Good plan. But didnt you say something like that last month as well ;-).

Im also going to stick with my DJ5 for now.

I did. My GAS is terrible.

lol.

Has anyone got there Shuttle 9.0 already?

Im intrigued to use it with one 8 Ohm cabinet...that basically means all the 8 ohm cabs I have can also be used as one cab solutions for gigs...or stack for pure doom.

Shuttle 9.0 made it much better to have 8 ohm cabs...hence why I had to have one.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='667454' date='Nov 27 2009, 03:19 PM']I did. My GAS is terrible.

lol.

Has anyone got there Shuttle 9.0 already?

Im intrigued to use it with one 8 Ohm cabinet...that basically means all the 8 ohm cabs I have can also be used as one cab solutions for gigs...or stack for pure doom.

Shuttle 9.0 made it much better to have 8 ohm cabs...hence why I had to have one.[/quote]

There's a big Shuttle 9 disscussion thread on TB - really interesting as lots of guys have tried them in different situations and all are saying the amp does the business and then some - one notable quote that I remember is along the lines of "I've yet to try it through a pair of speakers where it didn't sound great" - or something like that! I'm looking forward to running it through my Epi 210 - my next mission when time and cash aloow will be to find the perfect 1x12 for it - though I already have some good ideas... :)

M

[quote name='urb' post='667471' date='Nov 27 2009, 03:31 PM']There's a big Shuttle 9 disscussion thread on TB - really interesting as lots of guys have tried them in different situations and all are saying the amp does the business and then some - one notable quote that I remember is along the lines of "I've yet to try it through a pair of speakers where it didn't sound great" - or something like that! I'm looking forward to running it through my Epi 210 - my next mission when time and cash aloow will be to find the perfect 1x12 for it - though I already have some good ideas... :)

M[/quote]

Ah yes ive been tracking that.

900W in this small size and only at 4lbs has to be some kind of record?!

Im glad people have put it through its paces, and I think it will sound great with most cabs...and will make any 8 ohm cab, especially the 2x10s, 2x12s etc, much more useful on their own.

I think by Aggies are rated at 600W, and they are 8ohms, so everything should be fine.

I think the 9.0 at 4 ohms thorough my HS410 will just be fantastic....probably louder and more crisp/clear/articulate than an 8x10 and in small package.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='668318' date='Nov 28 2009, 02:43 PM']Landed this morning at 850am! I was hungover so as yet I haven't played with it. Very impressed with service from Bass Merchant yet again.

Pics n review up soon, more than likely tomorrow.[/quote]

Tease! :)

Im in a predicament. I really want to push my barefaced vintage a bit harder, but i dont know if really all im after is more gain, so i have the choice of either selling my 6.0 and buying a bass terror, or saving up for a shuttle 9... Hmm!

Hey guys

Still very excited about getting my 9.0 but I'm just thinking how it'll perform through a small cab like a 1x10 or a 1x12, I'm sure it'll be cool but it's a bit crazy to think how it'll behave through a tiny speaker, I'm pretty sure it'll rock the house through my Epi UL210, that cab is just great and was kicking it out beautifully on my gig last night just can't wait to take the Shuttle out instead of my Epi UL502 which is awesome but heavy to lug to gigs!

Any thoughts people?

M

[quote name='urb' post='668577' date='Nov 28 2009, 06:30 PM']Hey guys

Still very excited about getting my 9.0 but I'm just thinking how it'll perform through a small cab like a 1x10 or a 1x12, I'm sure it'll be cool but it's a bit crazy to think how it'll behave through a tiny speaker, I'm pretty sure it'll rock the house through my Epi UL210, that cab is just great and was kicking it out beautifully on my gig last night just can't wait to take the Shuttle out instead of my Epi UL502 which is awesome but heavy to lug to gigs!

Any thoughts people?

M[/quote]

I dont have any cabs that are on the small end of the spectrum...which is a shame...but I think if you use 1 1x12 make sure you watch the volume. Im paranoid about overpowering stuff, so maybe you dont need to worry too much. But 500W into a 1x12 could be ok....if you watch your master.

The 2x10 will kick arse :)

Unfortunately I think I managed to get unlucky and my shuttle 9 doesn't sit flat, and Genz thinks it's a chassis issue, it's definitely not the feet as I tried it the other way up and same thing. Not only that, it actually shut off at about 1/7th master volume into one 4 ohm cab. This one is being returned. The store and genz have been super helpful.

I must admit after testing when I discovered the problems I prefer the LM3. I think I'm not a hifi sound kinda player. The markbass still feels bigger and warmer, the genz has the ultra clean sparkle but I think it might not be my thing.

I'm thinking of spending a little more and get the TC Elec RH450 as it just seems very very pro and solid. I'm giving up on the search for high wattage, I'll never use it!

The shuttle 9.0 will be great for ultra clean players who don't want the massive warmth.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='670254' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:27 PM']Unfortunately I think I managed to get unlucky and my shuttle 9 doesn't sit flat, and Genz thinks it's a chassis issue, it's definitely not the feet as I tried it the other way up and same thing. Not only that, it actually shut off at about 1/7th master volume into one 4 ohm cab. This one is being returned. The store and genz have been super helpful.

I must admit after testing when I discovered the problems I prefer the LM3. I think I'm not a hifi sound kinda player. The markbass still feels bigger and warmer, the genz has the ultra clean sparkle but I think it might not be my thing.

I'm thinking of spending a little more and get the TC Elec RH450 as it just seems very very pro and solid. I'm giving up on the search for high wattage, I'll never use it!

The shuttle 9.0 will be great for ultra clean players who don't want the massive warmth.[/quote]

Awh man that really sucks!

As for the Shuttle, See if you can get your hands on a 6 to see what you think of driving the tube. I think thats the real difference between it and the MB. I'd be a little worried about the TCRH450 sounding a bit digital. Like that Line 6 gear, sounds dead nice, but just not quite right. - My view in the RH450 is completly unjustified but its food for thought! :)

Have you played the Orange Bass Terror?