Why become a member? ×

PANGBORN WARLORD- SOLD SOLD SOLD

daveski

I'm selling this beautiful Pangborn Warlord bass, i purchased it off Doctor bass a few months ago but i'm not a 34 scale man as all my other basses are 32 scale. It has a lovely feel to it, 1.5in nut, slim neck a joy to play and pretty rare these days.

It has a Flame maple top and is in great condition and comes in a hard case, i'm looking for what i payed which is £1220 + £35 postage.

cheers Dave

Edited by daveski

[quote name='daveski' post='596056' date='Sep 11 2009, 09:17 PM']I'm selling this beautiful Pangborn Warlord bass, i purchased it off Doctor bass a few months ago but i'm not a 34 scale man as all my other basses are 32 scale. It has a lovely feel to it, 1.5in nut, slim neck a joy to play and pretty rare these days.

It has a Flame maple top and is in great condition and comes in a hard case, i'm looking for what i payed which is £1220 + £35 postage.

cheers Dave[/quote]

I want this bass.

But you know that already Dave.

For everyone else. Dave is a great guy to do business with.

Good luck with the sale. I can't bare to watch.

Cheers Damon

I seriously need to stop hanging out around these forums!

Yet another wonderful looking and from my limited knowledge of Pangborn, fab. quality bass. Having just seen my Mastercard bill after last months spending on GAS related stuff I need to pay some of this back before I get the GAS taking over again :) All the best with the sale, she's a beauty.

[quote name='lozbass' post='596383' date='Sep 12 2009, 10:18 AM']I shouldn't ask

but, what are the electronics and pickups in this, and what's the fingerboard?[/quote]
It has the original pickups and Nick should be able to fill you in on the electronics as i think he had them overhauled.
We discussed the fingerboard and concluded it was Massacar Ebony and it really is quite nicely figured.

[quote name='daveski' post='596537' date='Sep 12 2009, 01:43 PM']It has the original pickups and Nick should be able to fill you in on the electronics as i think he had them overhauled.
We discussed the fingerboard and concluded it was Massacar Ebony and it really is quite nicely figured.[/quote]
Thanks, I thought it was macassar - an absolutely gorgeous board. If you're reading Nick and can inform us on the electronics, I'd be grateful

When I first bought this bass, its active EQ circuit was dead - it only worked passively - on saying that, its passive tone is awesome - like a J bass on steroids! I had a Jaydee 3 band eq fitted and it sounds great with the original Kent Armstrong p/ups - its got a 3 way rotary p/up selector with an off position, master vol, passive treble, active on/off mini toggle switch and then bass, mid and treble pots (centre notched).

Like I mentioned, I should really have kept this bass....!!! Its got its own special character - I've still got two other Warlord basses and even though they share some features, they are all unique - the maple one Dave's got here is very warm sounding and yet cuts through very nicely! Very potent!

[quote name='daveski' post='596056' date='Sep 11 2009, 04:17 PM']I'm selling this beautiful Pangborn Warlord bass, i purchased it off Doctor bass a few months ago but i'm not a 34 scale man as all my other basses are 32 scale. It has a lovely feel to it, 1.5in nut, slim neck a joy to play and pretty rare these days.

cheers Dave[/quote]
Why am I always the last to know when it comes to someone selling a Pangborn?! :)

Easy come, easy go......... :rolleyes: ............sniff.....sniff.