Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith Artist Burner 5 for Trade :Feeler :New Pics

Mickb1773

Hi Gang,
Looking to trade this Ken Smither Burner 5.It's a 1990 but in Very Good condition (a few marks but not many).It has been upgraded to a Hipshot bridge with user changeable spacing.Bartolini Pickups and Bartolini 2 Band 18 Volt Preamp

Ideally Id like to trade for either a fretless or cash your way for a Wal/US Ken Smith or MTD.

I think it's the nicest burner Ive seen

All the best,
Mick
[attachment=32612:DSC_0796.jpg][attachment=32611:DSC_0803.jpg]
[attachment=33847:IMG_0153_1.JPG][attachment=33841:SANY0154.JPG]
[attachment=33842:SANY0155_1.JPG][attachment=33845:SANY0157_1.JPG]
[attachment=33844:SANY0156_1.JPG]

Edited by Mickb1773

Just to give your ad a gee up.

Hadrien Feraud (French super technician) plays one of these...

Here's a Burner in the hands of a rather heavy player...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACuMHfEbrM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACuMHfEbrM[/url]

...and it's still his main bass even after getting a Fodera...

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='Cairobill' post='595377' date='Sep 11 2009, 08:53 AM']Just to give your ad a gee up.

Hadrien Feraud (French super technician) plays one of these...

Here's a Burner in the hands of a rather heavy player...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACuMHfEbrM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACuMHfEbrM[/url]

...and it's still his main bass even after getting a Fodera...[/quote]

Holy cow.....

Thats lovely playing!

(sorry for the derail but if you are going to link to that kind of thing you deserve it :))

For Mike,
I'd prefer a trade as with the current Euro versus Sterling exchange rate I could not see anyone stumping up 1250 Euro =£1100 ...but you 'd never know :) .Granted this has the Bartolini's Pickups and 18 Volt Pre amp with a Hipshot Bridge but it would still be a stretch considering they normally go for £800 on basschat,
All the best,
Mick.

[quote name='lee650' post='596995' date='Sep 13 2009, 12:58 AM']Thats just stunning, ive just got a US ken smith bsr5 mw myself, otherwise id have your arm off!!!!, great basses highly recommended!!! this is a great example, mine doesnt look as posh as this- lee[/quote]

Thanks lee,
It's one of the nicest Burners Ive ever come across,
All the best,
Mick.

what a beaut... any clips... any recording zession? Id like to hear the 18v bart circuit.....and then have a chat with my GP whether the right kidney could handle the load once the left one is sold...

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='600029' date='Sep 16 2009, 11:37 AM']Sorry No Clips.I'll get the Model of the Bartolini Pre amp and post it later if that helps,Typical Bartolini though ...SMOOTH :)
All the best,
Mick.[/quote]

The Per Amp is the Bartolin1 NTBT 918:
The NTBT-918 is a tone control preamp with fully independent Bass and Tone
controls with very low noise and wide boost/cut range. It is 2/3 the size of a 9V
battery. The sound is very clear and transparent. Distortion is well below 0.001%.
The preamp can be used with either 1 - 9 volt battery ( 9 volt operation ) or 2 - 9 volt
Batteries ( 18 volt operation ) which yields 6 db extra headroom
All the best,
Mick

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='601220' date='Sep 17 2009, 12:29 PM']The Per Amp is the Bartolin1 NTBT 918:
The NTBT-918 is a tone control preamp with fully independent Bass and Tone
controls with very low noise and wide boost/cut range. It is 2/3 the size of a 9V
battery. The sound is very clear and transparent. Distortion is well below 0.001%.
The preamp can be used with either 1 - 9 volt battery ( 9 volt operation ) or 2 - 9 volt
Batteries ( 18 volt operation ) which yields 6 db extra headroom
All the best,
Mick[/quote]

Hi Mick, loving this bass and the HF clip, what's the neck like/comparable to on this and how does it play, whats the string spacing. Guessing the tonal range is pretty good??? Thanks

[quote name='grahamd' post='601504' date='Sep 17 2009, 05:50 PM']Hi Mick, loving this bass and the HF clip, what's the neck like/comparable to on this and how does it play, whats the string spacing. Guessing the tonal range is pretty good??? Thanks[/quote]

Neck is not too deep.There is a Hipshot bridge on it so you can change the spacing to your liking which is very handy and a great range as expected with the Bartolinis,
All the best,
Mick.