Why become a member? ×

Sent the wrong item 3 times

ped

I just hope they can use a phone and get in touch tomorrow. Unlikely at best, I feel... I am NOT going to be fobbed off with a refund now though - what with inflation over the period between when I paid and now, that money is worthless today anyway! I paid in shillings!

considering the thread is 'dawsons music' it seems that they don't have much to do with it.
If Roland have the wrong code for their own gear, how are the folks at dawsons.co.uk meant to sort their customers. Is it foolish to assume that a supplier (roland uk)should have the right product code for their own product?
The lads at dawsons.co.uk have to cover violin strings to dj turntables, and they may not all be 100% on the roland gk gear, so it's forgiveable.
Some of the people who have problems with Dawsons on here may not realise that i remember their individual cases, and i've seen things from punters that not one of you would stand for in your line of work, so remember, the lads behind the counter 9 times out of 10 are just gig boys like you. And just have a thought, do you ALL get your job 1000% right all the time?!

Maybe i am biased.

I think it might be worth doing a little editing to the title of the thread mate, i think after this third f*** up it confirms Roland are majorly at fault. No excuses for Dawsons sending the wrong item out though. First time, whilst annoying, is forgivable, but not twice.

[quote name='ped' post='633004' date='Oct 21 2009, 11:17 PM']Yeah I can't really blame Dawsons any more. The guy at Dawsons has been quite helpful in fact. As I don't know who to blame i will edit the title accordingly![/quote]
You're too nice for your own good! Read the post below before you start letting them off the hook.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='632975' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:57 PM']considering the thread is 'dawsons music' it seems that they don't have much to do with it.
If Roland have the wrong code for their own gear, how are the folks at dawsons.co.uk meant to sort their customers. Is it foolish to assume that a supplier (roland uk)should have the right product code for their own product?[/quote]
Ped having paid up, Dawson's contracted to sell him a particular product, and it's inexcusable that they've got it wrong three times. Were they now to shift the blame onto Roland, it would be a classic "Nothing to do with me, Guv". This is one of those occasions when a retailer has to roll up their sleeves and get to the bottom of the problem. And they haven't done so.

Understandable that Dawsons got it wrong the first time. Thereafter, they could have handled the situation with greater care and checked the product before it (presumably) went through their hands. Even if it was going direct from Roland, a phone-call to the relevant people there might have avoided all of this nonsense.

Were I in a similar position, I'd now put someone in a car and send them round to Ped's house with the right item and a couple of packs of strings for his trouble. Ped would then sing Dawson's praises and they'd get the petrol money back in goodwill sales. It's just good business sense.

Asking Ped to hang around waiting for a courier to pick up the items and refusing a refund until they're back in Dawsons hands might [i]seem [/i]like a reasonable policy. Well, it is for Dawson's, but it doesn't feel reasonable to the customer. When problems go on this long, that's a bean-counter's approach. It matches a lax, box-ticking approach to sorting the problem, which should be the subject of an internal review. Sorting it would benefit Dawson's in the long run. Ignoring it or putting it down to bad luck simply undermines their business platform.

Yes, of course everyone makes mistakes, but hopefully not the same one three times in a row with the same customer. Retailers are here to take our money and supply the goods. If they can't do it competently, this fact should be publicised.

Edited by skankdelvar

Well you'll never guess what. At EXACTLY 2.30 I had a call from Dawsons who have called Roland who have dispatched the 'correct' item to me for delivery tomorrow.

Dawsons, in particular a chap called Alex, have been pretty good at sorting this aspect and Roland have been the ones dropping the ball. I am reassured that Roland have put their best people onto the case and I can see them now in some 9000sq/m warehouse looking for one last guitar pickup to tease me with.

Like you said, it is almost funny. Luckily I am happy with everything I have and this kit is a non essential luxury which I am more 'getting round' to doing rather than something I am desperTe to get working so if they do send the wrong item again I think I actually will have to simply call and congratulate them.

Everything crossed for me please folks!

ped (thinking about taking up guitar)

[quote name='ped' post='633472' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:52 PM']Well you'll never guess what. At EXACTLY 2.30 I had a call from Dawsons who have called Roland who have dispatched the 'correct' item to me for delivery tomorrow.

Dawsons, in particular a chap called Alex, have been pretty good at sorting this aspect and Roland have been the ones dropping the ball. I am reassured that Roland have put their best people onto the case and I can see them now in some 9000sq/m warehouse looking for one last guitar pickup to tease me with.

Like you said, it is almost funny. Luckily I am happy with everything I have and this kit is a non essential luxury which I am more 'getting round' to doing rather than something I am desperTe to get working so if they do send the wrong item again I think I actually will have to simply call and congratulate them.

Everything crossed for me please folks!

ped (thinking about taking up guitar)[/quote]

MB1. :)
Best of Luck!
...Oh i just cant Cant Wait!....
....What are the chances eh? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mikey R' post='633709' date='Oct 22 2009, 07:33 PM']Off topic, did you get a vid of that at the bash? I missed it :)[/quote]

Yeah Silverfoxnik filmed various bits - not sure what he is planning to do with it though

Well, all's well that ends well. In a way I am sort of happy that it took so long as it gave me the opportunity to get all the things I needed to install the kit. This weekend I got the final part I needed (heat-shrink tubing), went for it with a mallet and chisel, and, well, here is the result.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=99&view=findpost&p=636173"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=636173[/url]

So thanks Roland, thanks for the iTunes vouchers and letter of apology, and lets put it all behind us :0)

Cheers
ped