Why become a member? ×

BIG ONE ON TOUR

nottswarwick

Hi

It is apparent that the bass playing world and it's collective dog are trying out the Compacts currently doing mileage around this fair isle.

So it occurred to me that I might get more "satisfaction" with a Big One. Early indications from Alex are that he [i]might[/i] unleash a Big One on the community if it is worthwhile, particularly if much of the transit can be done "hand to hand" to avoid courier damage to a larger cab.

So I thought I would see if we could rally any support for this.

The list UPDATED as of 26/8/09

Nottswarwick (Nottingam)
BidredX - nottm - at my place to try it
McGraham - nottm - at my place to try it
------then south to .....

Adee - Corby

------then north to

chrisgriffiths - Rotherham

----then over to (maybe not in this order tho?)......

Mike 257 - Liverpool
Uncle Balsamic - Wirrall
Pbass67 - Bangor
Guyl - Stockport
Casapete - Hull - ish

Anyone else?

Edited by nottswarwick

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='577345' date='Aug 22 2009, 08:08 AM']does that mean you want to be on the tour then?[/quote]

Yup, Think Joe might be even more enthusiastic, considering before I'd even managed to plug the Compact in, he'd sent me a rambling text and posted a review about how great it was.

Having just had the Compact on trial would be very interested to be included on a Big One list too.
Not that near Nottingham but would happily travel to collect/pass it on - I'm in East Yorkshire near Hull.
Cheers.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='580622' date='Aug 25 2009, 07:48 PM']I think the results of the Compact road test will need to be in before this play grows legs.[/quote]

I think I'll be sending a Big One out on tour next week - have caught up with demand now on that model so no point stock sitting around when it could be getting heard!

Alex