Why become a member? ×

CANCELED.

Aussiephoenix

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='57444' date='Sep 8 2007, 05:45 PM']Hey guys, yeah they're both good basses and I'm sad to see them go, but I'm looking forward to my new aquisition. :)

I'd Like to get about 340 for the jazz and 450 for the MTD.

+ p&p.

Drop me a pm if you're interested.

thx, Dave.[/quote]
Euros or Pounds?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='57446' date='Sep 8 2007, 05:49 PM']id say euros, considering the mtd's are aroun $600 new[/quote]

nope, pounds.

both basses are in excelent condition and the MTD comes with the SD active preamp and pup, something you dont have in the new ones.

[b]I've checked out the price a bit better...[/b]

Considering the 600usd as the new price, I've removed 20% and added the price of the preamp (STC-3M4) and the basslines pickup, which have only recently been added... 380£

Still, if you're interested and wanna make me an offer, by all means do.

VIA PM though.

thanks.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='62549' date='Sep 19 2007, 10:52 AM']Ppl, make me some offers (not including trades please)... I may be tempted... the end is near.

HUMP-THE-BUMP[/quote]
Bump for the MTD. I have got the next model up with the J/MM conbination and it is amazing. The 35" scale really does help the B string. MTD'd don't seem to be as popular as they could be. Probably because it doesn't have MusicMan/Fender/Lakland etc on the headstock. If someone buys this they will not be disappointed.
Did you have any problems putting the pre-amp in, (enough room)? I am considering a Bart pre for mine.
Stuart

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='62721' date='Sep 19 2007, 03:29 PM']Bump for the MTD. I have got the next model up with the J/MM conbination and it is amazing. The 35" scale really does help the B string. MTD'd don't seem to be as popular as they could be. Probably because it doesn't have MusicMan/Fender/Lakland etc on the headstock. If someone buys this they will not be disappointed.
Did you have any problems putting the pre-amp in, (enough room)? I am considering a Bart pre for mine.
Stuart[/quote]

hey Stuart.

No problems with space for the preamp... actually I freaked out when I opened the compartment for the first time.
the previous owner had the preamp on the 36v Option, and he did a "Puzzle-tastic" job of managing to fit 4 9v batteries in there with the preamp.

I didnt see any need for the 36v, as it has enough raw power with 9v, so I removed the extra batteries, leaving PLENTY of breathing room.

it is a shame we are so stuck to certain brands... MTD along with other less mainstream brands get ignored most of the time.

the scale is fantastic by the way, GREAT Low B. very focused and tight in sound.

since I'm laying it all out today, lol, might as well mention that this bass has had a pro-setup by a local luthier friend of mine.

By pro-setup I mean the whole enchilada, pulled apart, cleaned, fret dressing, and only then, the typical truss and saddle setup. cant get better than this...

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='62738' date='Sep 19 2007, 04:23 PM']it is a shame we are so stuck to certain brands... MTD along with other less mainstream brands get ignored most of the time.[/quote]
Totally agree. Just got back from rehearsals and I cannot believe the sound I get out of the MTD and that is without a pre. Mailed Mike Tobias about a suitable one and he advised on a Bartolini.
I also have 2 Fenders, a bloody expensive Ibanez and have had a MusicMan pass through my hands.
The MTD is easily the best Bass out of the lot and cost the least.
You are right about the B String it is superb with the 35" scale. Only a Lakland I played came close but look at the price difference..... :)

Hope you get a buyer as if not someone is really missing out.

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='62738' date='Sep 19 2007, 04:23 PM']it is a shame we are so stuck to certain brands... MTD along with other less mainstream brands get ignored most of the time.

the scale is fantastic by the way, GREAT Low B. very focused and tight in sound.[/quote]
+1

I had two MTD's and they were fantastic basses to play and the low B in both cases was awesome! Highly recommend them to anyone and what's more, if you email Mike Tobias with a question about anything to do with his basses, he gets back to you really quickly! So you can get advice and technical support directly from the horses mouth...:)

Nik

I have spent more money than I care to admit to in public. My MTD has as good a B as anything I have owned (LAK USA, LAK Korean, Sei, MTD US). I really love it. We live in the golden age of lutherie. And I'm not talking about the top end of it here.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='67189' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:57 PM']Don't mean to be an ass but...

You do realize that you could buy a brand new Heir from the US, pay about the same p&p and then you get to choose the color :) for a very similar price, if not less?[/quote]

Does it come with a seymour duncan preamp and pup? either way, they are different basses.

to have room for the J pup, the MM pup is closer to the bridge, so its a different sound anyway. besides, you're not counting on import expenses at customs...

Any lower than what I think Its worth, I'd rather Keep it.

thanks for the interest anyway.

cheers.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='67189' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:57 PM']Don't mean to be an ass but...

You do realize that you could buy a brand new Heir from the US, pay about the same p&p and then you get to choose the color :) for a very similar price, if not less?[/quote]
If you use Bass Central as an example, (and know as I was going to import an Heir from US until I picked one up from e-Bay).
Price is $799 + $165 shipping, = $864. Then add on 17.5% VAT, 4% Import duty and between £10-£25 import release charge depending on which carrier is used. $1076 best case scenario.
Which is around £540 at todays rate.

i still personally think your askin too much, and the £80 or whatever shipping makes it a no go for me, n no doubt most people, if your offering a bass for sale in a different country to uk, you should pay that kinda shipping.

if not, put it on ebay

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='67709' date='Sep 30 2007, 04:10 PM']errr... he is in Portugal right? If I were to buy the bass, I would have to pay V.A.T as well, it doesn't matter if the bass is used. I've imported plenty of computer parts, guitars, amps and basses from the US to know what I can get stung on unless Portugal is different for some reasons I don't know about? Shipping is dependent on the county it is being shipped from, i've been surprised by sub $100 quotes on guitars before now especially if the vendor/seller has a large account with a shipping company.

I've never encountered a release charge on any of my dealings, except importing cars and equally substantial goods.

IMO when you modify anything beyond it's specification, it de-values it. Take modified cars for instance, do you think the average sale recuperates their money back from their original investment? The only cars that I have seen make money are extremely custom items built by figure heads in the hotrod/modification community, which is the equivalent of a Luthiers like Mike Lull for example.

Anyway, I don't want to damage your chances of a sale any more than I may have already. I hope you get what you want for it :)[/quote]

What you've said above about taxes being applied is completely incorrect. Portugal and the UK are both in the EU, and for that reason, no import taxes are applied. I know this from experience, having received and sent numerous basses over the years.

To be honest, and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone specifically, but I think there's a few posts on this thread that seem to be aimed at either spoiling the sale, or forcing the seller into reducing the price below what he thinks is a reasonable value. It was suggested to me a while back that there are some people on this forum who do these things, but I defended the forum and said I couldn't see that happening here. Consider me corrected.

EDIT: There seems to be some confusion here about who the seller is. I am not the seller, although I am a friend of the seller.

Edited by bassaussie