Why become a member? ×

I'm on top of the world!!

xilddx

I'm so delighted!! Saw an ad here on Thursday for bassist wanted, the message was quirky and intriguing enough for me to check out her myspace. I was blown away, she's an extraordinary singer and songwriter. I called the same day, auditioned yesterday and got a lovely email this morning to say I'm in, subject to one rehearsal to make sure I'm not a flake or a psycho. The drummer's brilliant, he was playing one armed due to an accident and he was still knockout!

Sorry for all the exclamations, I'm just so thrilled :)

Check her out here [url="http://www.myspace.com/kitrichardsonmusic"]http://www.myspace.com/kitrichardsonmusic[/url]

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='527798' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:23 PM']I'm so delighted!! Saw an add here on Thursday for bassist wanted, the message was quirky and intriguing enough for me to check out her myspace. I was blown away, she's an extraordinary singer and songwriter. I called the same day, auditioned yesterday and got a lovely email this morning to say I'm in, subject to one rehearsal to make sure I'm not a flake or a psycho. The drummer's brilliant, he was playing one armed due to an accident and he was still knockout!

Sorry for all the exclamations, I'm just so thrilled :rolleyes:

Check her out here [url="http://www.myspace.com/kitrichardsonmusic"]http://www.myspace.com/kitrichardsonmusic[/url][/quote]

Well done, mate. Sounds interesting stuff. Now you just have to decide whether or not to tell her that she can't spell "Evangelist". :)

Thanks Clarky!

Pure serendipity too, I so rarely look at the Bassist Wanted and Available section, for some reason I did on Thursday, I clicked that thread and here we are. Bizarre. Haven't auditioned for donkeys years either, but I simply had to go for it. I'm made up!

[quote name='Earbrass' post='527806' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:30 PM']Well done, mate. Sounds interesting stuff. Now you just have to decide whether or not to tell her that she can't spell "Evangelist". :)[/quote]

Hah Hah! Thanks fella, I hadn't spotted that :rolleyes: I love the vocal on that one.

From the topic header I actually thought you were posting from Everest for a minute there! How silly?

Congrats on the audition. I had a look at the myspace as well when the ad was posted last week and decided that the music wasn't quite my cup of tea. The cello player looks quite pretty though.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='527857' date='Jun 29 2009, 04:12 PM']Great stuff mate *cracks whip* now get down to work.
I'll be in touch
Jake[/quote]

:lol: :) Cheers Jake, your lessons are EVEN MORE important now.

Thanks for the very kind wishes everyone :rolleyes:

I like the way you can tell the songs are written on keys first. Well sounds that way to me (probably find they are written on banjo now :))

She sounds a bit like Tori Amos I think, which is no bad thing - maybe mad in a different way - it will be great stuff to gig though.

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='527883' date='Jun 29 2009, 04:41 PM']I like the way you can tell the songs are written on keys first. Well sounds that way to me (probably find they are written on banjo now :))

She sounds a bit like Tori Amos I think, which is no bad thing - maybe mad in a different way - it will be great stuff to gig though.[/quote]

No, you're right, they are written on keys.

She apparently get compared to Kate Bush a lot too. But that's probably because there are so few singers who sing like that.

Certainly, I think the gigs will be interesting! I'll post dates when things are confirmed. Can't wait to get stuck in!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='527984' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:29 PM']epic mate! Congrats!

I've recently found comfort in the arms of a new band thanks to offhandedly lookin in the Bassist Wanted section...gotta love it when a plan comes together :)[/quote]

That's brilliant mate! Which band?

EDIT: Dur! We Are The Start. I'll check you out.

Edited by silddx