Why become a member? ×

Hi from Manchester

Muzz

Thought I'd best introduce myself - I'm Muzz from Manchester. Recently returned at the grand old age of 45 to band membership after 15 years off for a family - I'd promised myself I'd start looking again when the boy was a bit older (he's 4), but a couple of months ago I got a phone call from a friend in a band that went "Have you still got your bass? Have you got an amp? Can you help us out and do the Montrose Music Festival in a month?" Had a ball up in Scotland, and and it's gone on from there. The band is The Worry Beads - www.theworrybeads.com . Ignore the photos, I'm not on any of them :)

Gear-wise, I've still got my 88 BB3000A (which is just a fantastic bass), but all the other kit went for distressingly small amounts of money back in the early 90s (£250 for a mint jetglo 4001 anyone? £150 for a 78 Precision? Yeah, I know...), and I've picked up a Line6 LD300 combo and a Bass pod. I've got a Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic, and a black/maple USA Jazz, although I'm not altogether convinced I'm a Jazz man. GAS running at critical levels at the moment, too. Anyhoo, enough of my yakkin...

[quote name='Muzz' post='527068' date='Jun 28 2009, 09:02 PM']Thought I'd best introduce myself - I'm Muzz from Manchester. Recently returned at the grand old age of 45 to band membership after 15 years off for a family - I'd promised myself I'd start looking again when the boy was a bit older (he's 4), but a couple of months ago I got a phone call from a friend in a band that went "Have you still got your bass? Have you got an amp? Can you help us out and do the Montrose Music Festival in a month?" Had a ball up in Scotland, and and it's gone on from there. The band is The Worry Beads - www.theworrybeads.com . Ignore the photos, I'm not on any of them :)

Gear-wise, I've still got my 88 BB3000A (which is just a fantastic bass), but all the other kit went for distressingly small amounts of money back in the early 90s (£250 for a mint jetglo 4001 anyone? £150 for a 78 Precision? Yeah, I know...), and I've picked up a Line6 LD300 combo and a Bass pod. I've got a Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic, and a black/maple USA Jazz, although I'm not altogether convinced I'm a Jazz man. GAS running at critical levels at the moment, too. Anyhoo, enough of my yakkin...[/quote]
Welcome from a fellow Mancunian. How's Dean?????

[quote name='BassBunny' post='527145' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:01 PM']Welcome from a fellow Mancunian. How's Dean?????[/quote]

Never even met Dean - he left along with John the bassist, so there were two of us joining at the same time. Mind you, I've played in a least four bands over at least twenty five years with the others, so it wasn't too much of a shock to the system.

[quote name='Muzz' post='527518' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:48 AM']Never even met Dean - he left along with John the bassist, so there were two of us joining at the same time. Mind you, I've played in a least four bands over at least twenty five years with the others, so it wasn't too much of a shock to the system.[/quote]
That explains a lot. Good luck.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='527526' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:57 AM']That explains a lot. Good luck.[/quote]

Glad to elucidate :)

And thanks to all for the warm welcome. Coming on here with a bit of GAS running is like holding an AA meeting in a free bar, but it's fun, anyway...