Why become a member? ×

You Know You're A Bassist When

JBassist

[quote name='davidmpires' post='536297' date='Jul 9 2009, 11:15 AM']When you have someone coming from the crowd and compliments everyone in the band shaking their hands and just bypasses you.

It happened last gig. :rolleyes:[/quote]

ouch ! philistines !

you know you're a bassist when: your girlfriend can tell the difference in tone between your jazz bass before and after you've fitted a badass...

:)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='536196' date='Jul 9 2009, 09:12 AM']This really appeals to me but I'd have to wear platform boots with glitter on to play it :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='ahpook' post='536301' date='Jul 9 2009, 11:25 AM']ouch ! philistines !

you know you're a bassist when: your girlfriend can tell the difference in tone between your jazz bass before and after you've fitted a badass...

:)[/quote]

Lol I like that.

When your arms are so long your fingers are nearly level with your kneecaps?

[quote name='ape' post='536308' date='Jul 9 2009, 11:37 AM']When your arms are so long your fingers are nearly level with your kneecaps?[/quote]
ITYF the knuckle-dragging members of the band are drummers.

[quote name='Krysbass' post='537222' date='Jul 10 2009, 01:48 PM']When you’re in a covers band and nobody pays any attention to your ideas, whether it’s song choices or anything else. I’d rather not speculate on what anti-bassist prejudices might be behind this. :rolleyes:[/quote]

To be fair, my cover song choices are always terrible :)

[quote name='jakesbass' post='535957' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:45 PM']8000 people are facing you and moving to your groove :rolleyes:[/quote]

That sounds like Zulus dancing at Rorke's Drift,
dodging a 100 Red coats firing Martini Henry breech loading rifles.

You are Welsh Jake, you know how the story goes.

'For f**cks sake Taff, sing them something they know' :)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='RussFM' post='537233' date='Jul 10 2009, 02:02 PM']You Know When You're A [i]Successful[/i] Bassist When...
[quote name='jakesbass' post='535957' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:45 PM']
8000 people are facing you and moving to your groove :)[/quote]
:rolleyes:
[/quote]
You know when you're [i]just[/i] a bassist when 8000 people are facing you and moving to the exit.