Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One to practice your luthier skills on?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Rockbass-Basic-4-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-Damaged_W0QQitemZ250450546326QQ"]Warwick Rockbass Basic 4 Fretless Bass Guitar Damaged[/url]

Might be good practice for someone with a large pot of glue, though I am surprised they left this in the description even if it is standard for their listings:

"General Note: Please note that this is an ex-display item. It is in full working order, good condition and comes with a full UK warranty. It has been taken out of its box and may have some marks on the unit. Please call us if you need further information.

Item Specifics:

Damaged Bass - Headstock Broken Off"

[quote name='Clarky' post='521941' date='Jun 23 2009, 06:14 PM']Who would pay £150 for that when you can buy a vgc used Squier VMJ fretless for the same money? They must be sniffing something[/quote]
:) I thought something like that - though it can't be glue or they would have fixed it!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='521935' date='Jun 23 2009, 06:10 PM']Surely if it's got a broken headstock it would make sense to take a picture of it.[/quote]

there are some pics :

not a good looking break, no guarantee that just glueing it would be enough to hold it together as there's no big flat surfaces

[quote name='Paul_C' post='521960' date='Jun 23 2009, 06:46 PM']there are some pics :

not a good looking break, no guarantee that just glueing it would be enough to hold it together as there's no big flat surfaces[/quote]

That'll teach me to scroll to the bottom of the page.

It's a lot of money for a f**ked Rockbass.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='521960' date='Jun 23 2009, 06:46 PM']there are some pics :

not a good looking break, no guarantee that just glueing it would be enough to hold it together as there's no big flat surfaces[/quote]

Surly the larger the surface area the better the glue with hold.... a flat surface has a smaller surface area than a lumpy one...

I've never fixed a broken neck so what would I know!

I'm no expert, but it looks like there's bits of wood missing - not a very clean break. If all the wood was there then it should be a relatively straightforward fix and not a very hard job at all.

I’m talking from experience (x2).

Guest BassKS

I suppose my Tobias TOBY pro 5 was in a similar condition but with no bits missing. Its for sale by the way and Ive dropped the price to 100 quid pickup from London.