Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Custom Jazz Bass Maruszczyk Elwood 4p

AREA

Of Course I can...

Because the Body is made of real Northern Ash (no light Swamp Ash) the Weight is 4,75 Kg. Not very light für a 4-String, but the Tone you get is worth it. !!!

Edited by AREA

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='519296' date='Jun 20 2009, 02:00 PM']Nooby question but what is a zero fret and what's its purpose? :)[/quote]
Its instead of or in addition to a nut - its a fret which acts as an anchor for the open strings. Some people prefer them for setting action, intonation etc and think it gives a more even response across the strings. Its not the norm and opinions are divided, some love'em, some see them as pointless

Edit: BTW, very pretty looking bass for sale here!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='519298' date='Jun 20 2009, 02:05 PM']Its instead of or in addition to a nut - its a fret which acts as an anchor for the open strings. Some people prefer them for setting action, intonation etc and think it gives a more even response across the strings. Its not the norm and opinions are divided, some love'em, some see them as pointless[/quote]

I'm yet to try one.
Surely it will create the same open string sound a brass nut does?
But for action it's worth looking at...all though over time it will get cut like a nut anyways haha!

[quote name='Kongo' post='519310' date='Jun 20 2009, 02:26 PM']Surely it will create the same open string sound a brass nut does?[/quote]

Yes, it's something along those lines. It basically makes an open string sound similar to a fretted note due to the metal-to-metal contact. I've yet to hear a bad review!

It´s really a very nice Bass with awesome Sound. Never thought, that i would sell it, but on Stage, I always take the 5-String now and to be left at Home ...I guess thats not right. Has to be played.... :)

Ah, one Thing I have to say... Bought it New in Dec. 2006 and at this Time the Bass was buildt also, because it was buildt for me.

Edited by AREA

That really is a lovely bass. The zero-fret thing is interesting and I've never understood why it isn't more widely used. Ironically older budget basses & guitars often featured them because it made manufacturing cheaper & simpler - this has led to them being looked down upon as a manufacturing shortcut, whereas logically it's hard to see an argument against them. McCartney had one fitted to his Rickenbacker.

Jon.

That is a beautiful looking bass. Looks to be great quality.

I've never heard of that luthier, but then there are so many small, independent luthiers in Germany that's not really a surprise!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='520619' date='Jun 22 2009, 11:44 AM']The close up pics are great but another one that shows the bass in it's entirety might help sell it for you. I know I'm curious to see it.[/quote]

I was going to suggest the same thing. A pic of the headstock would be good too.

Further Pics of the Headstock or the entire Bass are no Problem. here they are... Hope you like it.

Here on this Site you can listen to some Soundclips of the "Elwood"

[url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174&Itemid=167"]Click for Soundclips[/url]