Why become a member? ×

Today I met, the legend that is...

[quote name='Eight' post='513620' date='Jun 14 2009, 10:02 PM']True...

...I didn't realise he was dead though. :rolleyes:

Ok ok, that joke is running pretty close to bad taste. I admit it.[/quote]

Lol :)
yeah hes seen better days.

But if im still on stage, and really going for it when im nearly 60..
I couldn't care what i looked like :lol:

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='513627' date='Jun 14 2009, 10:04 PM']Lol :)
yeah hes seen better days.

But if im still on stage, and really going for it when im nearly 60..
I couldn't care what i looked like :rolleyes:

Z
x[/quote]

Good attitude. I bet Norman was really nice and accomodating too as I understand he is a really nice bloke on top of being an awesome player. He doesn't photograph well, but man can he play. A great bass moment and memory for you Z.

[quote name='ezbass' post='513630' date='Jun 14 2009, 10:08 PM']Good attitude. I bet Norman was really nice and accomodating too as I understand he is a really nice bloke on top of being an awesome player. He doesn't photograph well, but man can he play. A great bass moment and memory for you Z.[/quote]

Yeah it really was great :)

Z
x

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='513693' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:08 PM']Which one is you? :)[/quote]

Thats easy

One of em has got straggly hair, eyebags like saddlebags and a silly shitkickin grin and the other plays for the blockheads

just kidding Zoe... well done you I bet you were made up

I spent an evening last week jamming with a guy called Craig (a fabulous bass player who plays for Barclay James Harvest) just made me realise how steep the learning curve still is

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='513627' date='Jun 14 2009, 10:04 PM'].... and really going for it when im nearly 60..[/quote]

Sheesh, you telling me he's not even 60!! That is a well worn in face!

Still, I'm no chick magnet myself these days so I'd better keep my trap shut!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='513693' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:08 PM']Which one is you? ;)[/quote]

ooooo cheeky! :lol: lol
x

[quote name='Monz' post='513717' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:24 PM']Thats easy
One of em has got straggly hair, eyebags like saddlebags and a silly shitkickin grin and the other plays for the blockheads
just kidding Zoe... well done you I bet you were made up[/quote]
haha!! that did make me laugh :rolleyes:
x

[quote name='JPAC' post='513732' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:37 PM']Sharing make up? Shocking pink lipstick. :)[/quote]
lol i didnt notice that until you said :D
x

[quote name='Golchen' post='513753' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:08 AM']Sheesh, you telling me he's not even 60!! That is a well worn in face!
Still, I'm no chick magnet myself these days so I'd better keep my trap shut![/quote]
haha yeah.
i just seen an american 98 year old on TV, and she only looked about 65, there wasnt even a wrinkle on her :S
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='513783' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:11 AM']i just seen an american 98 year old on TV, and she only looked about 65, there wasnt even a wrinkle on her :S
x[/quote]

Steven Fry in America? I have no life either...

Cracking photo though, I need to meet me some famous peoplez.

[quote name='Monz' post='513717' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:24 PM']I spent an evening last week jamming with a guy called Craig (a fabulous bass player who plays for Barclay James Harvest) just made me realise how steep the learning curve still is[/quote]

I think even the best players are still learning.
its just one big learning curve i guess :)

I seen a few really good bass players today.
One in particular.. i couldnt remember the name of the band, he must have only been 18 - 20, but he had such a good feel for the bass.
Really punchy sounds, and he was such a solid player.
it was great to see.

Z
x

[quote name='Golchen' post='513753' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:08 AM']Sheesh, you telling me he's not even 60!![/quote]

sh*t maybe he isn't. That's weird - he's looked over 60 for at least 10 years. Sorry Norman, if you're reading.

He just looks like he needs a good night's sleep. To be fair he's probably not had as many of those as most of us have.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='513783' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:11 AM']i just seen an american 98 year old on TV, and she only looked about 65, there wasnt even a wrinkle on her :S
x[/quote]

There wasn't a wrinkle on her what?