Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton

bassboy115

I have a MIM jazz and i am looking into buying a second bass.. i went on Thomann to have a look and i saw this :

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_wsb_704_bk.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_wsb_704_bk.htm[/url]

I have recently starting really liking the look of Music man but have no where near the money to get a real one.

does anybody have any experience with this bass or just harley Benton in general...

What are your opinions on this?

cheers!

I have an acoustic HB - it sounds pretty naff but it's a close friend now, lots of character.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='3921' date='May 21 2007, 09:35 PM']They are very good for the money, probably even better then OLP stingrays. U should get 1.[/quote]

Ooh, now there's and A/B I'd like to see!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='TheButler' post='5424' date='May 23 2007, 10:36 PM']Harley Benton is the Thomann stuff yeh ? I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a punt. They are maybe not as goof value for money as an SX for the US but i think the only way you'll get a pretty decent represntation of how they are is by buying one :)[/quote]

I do a lot of business with Thomann and they are great value (though very busy, and it's generally a day or two before you get a reply to emails). If you decide you don't like the guitar within 30 days they'll arrange for UPS to come round and pick it up, no charge.

I've played two HB models in the past and would highly recommend them - the Beatbass and the Jazz Copy (not sure of the model name). Both excellent basses that where the sound definitely surpasses your expectations for the price you pay. With a nice setup, straplocks and maybe a new set of tuners, you could have a great gigging bass.

Edited by acidbass

And I might just add that I have played that bass ^^

For the price, very very good. Feels well built, very nice to play and sounds good. Hardware doesn't feel cheap and the neck is fairly comfortable, even for me with small hands :)

[quote name='presoulnation' post='16742' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:09 AM']I reckon the HB stuff is going to get more expensive. They seem to be picking up popularity pretty quick......[/quote]
that wouldnt be nice...(maybe its time I buy one? :))

[quote name='presoulnation' post='17724' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:26 PM']I am seriously considering picking meself up a HB of some kind to have as a backup......[/quote]
hey hey...me first :)

EDIT: btw, which one are you getting?

Edited by setekh

[quote name='presoulnation' post='17724' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:26 PM']I am seriously considering picking meself up a HB of some kind to have as a backup......[/quote]

hehehe ive inspired him :)
hehehe yeah they dont rei sound that bad either
mine can change between an active an passive sound but i play finger style so passive all the way for meee :huh:
x