Why become a member? ×

Overwater 6.
£1500

Owen

A truly stupendous piece of kit. But unless I play it all the time I get disorientated when I go back to it. I tried, it was not to be.

It is in top nick for a 35+ year old bass. One or two nicks, but you have to look. It went back to OW for maximum love. They plumbed a contemporary 3 band preamp in there and cnc'd some ebony to plumb the latest pickups into it. 36" scale, neck through and lush. 

You know that many of the West End pits have OWs in there? Super quiet, super accurate, super well voiced accross the range and super duper. I find that I can happily sit on the B and use it as I would the E on any other bass I own. It is that clear. Is it light? With that much maple? Nope. 

It is funny, if these were made in the US people would be laying eggs with excitement about them. It is the equal of anything else I have tried. And I have tried them all. I am just not the equal of it. And I am at peace with that.

It is strung bottom F# to G. People say "you will not be able to hear it etc etc." "Too low etc". Wrong. But of course, you could just go low B to high C. I have heard that people dig that higher stuff (smh). Currently strung with fairly fresh Newtones with Payson low F#.

I am fully aware that this is pretty niche. If it does not sell then it will not be a hardship to pick it up out of the rack now and again. There are worse problems to have. 

Trades? Dingwall D-Roc 5 turquoise glitter thang. Otherwise just cash. But thanks for thinking about it. 

20240426_214207.jpg

20240426_214215.jpg

20240426_214227.jpg

20240426_214233.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

Calling @binky_bass

Already saw it sir! Look lovely, and I am a fan of Ocerwarer having owned a good few in the past. Excellent basses, Chris is one of the best builders out there, globally - not just in the UK. 

However, 33" is more my speed these days, and at 40 basses/guitars at the moment, I'm maxed out!

16 hours ago, Ruarl said:

Looks amazing. Are there two jacks? What’s the story there? 

Also, where in the world are you?

Locking jack socket and also XLR out. 

The initial pictures make it look a bit more orange than it is. It is more a rich red. 

20240427_144118.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I am laying eggs of excitement 

Fair comment. I'd love to be a bit clsoer just to run my paws over a 36" Overwater! Not that I'll be buying any new toys for a considerable while!