Why become a member? ×

Introducing myself to the Basschat community!

Seadunk

Hi All,

I decided to learn the bass in January and have been enjoying it very much. I always wanted to be a Drummer when I was a kid, but it never happened, so now at the age of 42 I decided to take up the bass! My old man was a bassist who no longer plays, due to old age and having MS, but still has his basses (Olympic White USA Fender Jazz, and an American Special Sunburst Fender Precision. He offers me tips and advice when I go and see him every week.

I'm a big fan of the likes of Mark King, Marcus Miller, Scott Ambush, Mitsuru Sutoh, Tesuo Sakurai, but my real Hero is Tomohito Aoki. Maybe one day I'll own an Atelia Z bass.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to the forum.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcome all!

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Welcome... get some pics up of the basses...

Yeah i guess I should seeing as this is a forum about basses :biggrin:

I have two basses, 

First - Harley Benton JB-75 NA. Really awesome bass for the money. Bit of heft on this one mind!

sFrsMFih.jpg

Second is My Squier Sonic Precision in two tone Sunburst. I liked this one as it has a Jazz profile neck, which suits my smallish hands better, Sitting next to my Dads Fender Precision. I think this is the American Special? It says American Special on the back of the headstock and has the 60th Special Anniversary neck plate.

Rwwh5Ewh.jpg

• Like 4