Why become a member? ×

Facebook not completely useless

3 minutes ago, TimR said:

You don't have to have Facebook to see it.

When I try and view it in my usual browser (I have a separate browser just for looking at Facebook and nothing else). I get a massive pop-up covering the content asking me to log in and accept cookies.

well I've clicked to join, see what happens, though if it's not strongly moderated it'll finish up full of spam.

Facebook is good for advertising gigs but not a lot else, unless you enjoy looking at others peoples holiday snaps and their meals

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

When I try and view it in my usual browser (I have a separate browser just for looking at Facebook and nothing else). I get a massive pop-up covering the content asking me to log in and accept cookies.

There is a tiny white cross hidden in the top right. Designed to fool people into believing they have to sign up. 

Common behaviour on a lot of sites now. Should be banned. 

Edited by TimR

6 minutes ago, TimR said:

There is a tiny white cross hidden in the top right. Designed to fool people into believing they have to sign up. 

Not for me. Just a drop down menu that would allow me to change the language.

Basses and Amplifcation group is OK. Founder member but didn't want to be a moderator / administrator cos I try to limit my Facebook involvement. Also trying to get away from being 'utilised' by Google.