Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 410L

E sharp

Looking for people's verdicts on these cabs - if anyone's owned one .

It's the neo version 410 , with the two side firing drivers - making it a lightweight and compact 410 cab . 

I've found a fair bit of information over on Talkbass , and the jury appears to be out on whether they're just full of middly honk , or more full sounding . 

So was just wondering if anyone had gigged with one for any length of time . 

Thanks - Paul

I`ve not had that one but had the 21012L (two 10s front facing, the 12 side firing), and yes, on it`s own it was quite middy but in the mix it really shone with a rich full sound, plus the dispersion was amazing, you`d pretty much have to stand behind it to not get the full range of the sound.

• Like 2

I used to have a 410L for a few years (two 10's front facing, two 10's side firing and the tweeter) which I later paired with the 2x15 (why? no idea but I did 🤣). I'd switched from SWR Goliath cabs to Schroeder as they were some of the first lightweight cabs to come on the market. They were solidly made cabs that could withstand gigging life. However, on mine, the general finish was a bit lacking as in the carpet covering edges needed re-gluing early on and the manufacturers label on the speakon plate was a badly printed piece of paper hand cut out and roughly glued to the back. 🤔  Sound wise it pretty much was as @Lozz196 says, on it`s own it was a little middy but in a band setting it really shone with a rich full sound and great dispersion.

P1040600.thumb.JPG.87d3e63afbea87792ed2ab1455ddad54.JPGP1040599.thumb.JPG.7d13f52700f7d27fe3ae43fb3e03e1fd.JPGDSCF0015.thumb.JPG.539f51120619376d1edf4c7e96de9d09.JPG

Edited by Acebassmusic
  • Like 1

I used a Schroeder 1210 for years. It was a brilliant cab and a great design.

Hugely loud as well. The dispersion of sound was glorious. The kind of cab that sounded average by itself but brilliant in a live setting. 

My only reservation is that they can be a little “DIY” in their build in my experience. But ace cabs for sure. 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 13:55, Lozz196 said:

I`ve not had that one but had the 21012L (two 10s front facing, the 12 side firing), and yes, on it`s own it was quite middy but in the mix it really shone with a rich full sound, plus the dispersion was amazing, you`d pretty much have to stand behind it to not get the full range of the sound.

I can only echo what Lozz says about the dispersion, the 21012 was a room filler. I don’t recall mine being excessively middley but then again mine was one of Jorg’s cabs fitted with Eminence delta lite 10’s and delta LF 12. Sadly, redundancy meant I had to let the cab go, but I’d have another one of the 21012 with the side firing 12 in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

I gigged one for years. Filled the room really well with a very loud drummer. I wasn’t ever delighted with the build quality of it but it sounded really good. It was a bit “wonky” with an irregular grill and the paint finish chipped off all the time. However, for the band I was in and the volume needed it really sounded ace. 

I've been using a 21012L (4 Ohm) with a 450w Class A/B head. 

Even against a loud band/ drummer, neither component seems to be breaking a sweat. Too middy? Shove it closer to the rear wall and get the benefit of a bit of boundary reinforcement to the bottom end. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve got multiples of 21012L, the 1515L and the 1212L but not the 410, so I can’t speak for that.   I’d love to give one a whirl.

the 21012’s are great.   I don’t find it incapable of pushing out lots of low end.   I know they have a reputation for being middy, but I don’t find that at all personally.   They sound great in a band situation.   Mine are well built too, but I have heard of some with build quality issues. 

ok.  The 1515L’s were always a disappointment.   I found that it made a great component in a rig pushing out the bottom end, when matched with a 21012.   Great as a 2 cab system but on its own wasn’t bright enough or loud enough, and a bit too ‘old school’ sounding.  …didn’t cut through.

My favourite cab though is the 1212L.   Two of them is unbeatable.   They are a much more manageable size than the 21012, but almost exactly as capable.

…so, unfortunately, I have no experience with the 410.   Sorry.
I do love the sound of Schro’s (but not the 1515’s on their own). 

Disclaimer: I have lost quite a lot of the frequency range of my hearing (reduced, not lost entirely).  It may be that the sound of Schro’s just hits my sweet spot?   

Whatever, I love them.

• Like 1