Why become a member? ×

Mustang Bass Flight Case

Long... and slightly cheeky... shot - need a flight case for a mustang bass for a couple of EU shows in July.  I don't want to buy one as normally the bass comes onto the plane with me, but this time due to flight costs it can't.  

Anyone point me to somewhere I can rent one - or borrow one from a localish Bass-chatter? I'm Epsom / Surrey but can drive to pick it up - and happy to pay something reasonable for its use - and leave something as collateral for its return.

*thank you AP 😉

Edited by Fuzzbass2000
apostrophe police

20 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Isn’t it about time we de-funded the Apostrophe Police for being a total PITA?

I'm sorry (and very tired), but while the whole post is peppered with what my late mother would describe as 'sloppy visual abbreviastic embellishments' (she was an English teacher), I'm with @Gasman here; the ol' Apostrophe Police meme needs to drive to the scrapyard!

I can live with misuse of apostrophes (or to use the collective term, the Greengrocer's Apostrophe), but life really is too short to worry anymore.  Just chuckle away and silently correct it.

As you were.  Let's find this chap a flight case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fuzzbass2000 said:

Long... and slightly cheeky... shot - need a flight case for a mustang bass for a couple of EU shows in July.  I don't want to buy one as normally the bass comes onto the plane with me, but this time due to flight costs it can't.  

Anyone point me to somewhere I can rent one - or borrow one from a localish Bass-chatter? I'm Epsom / Surrey but can drive to pick it up - and happy to pay something reasonable for it's use - and leave something as collateral for it's return.

I do actually have one custom made by Flightcase Warehouse, but it is with me in Bristol. If you can make that work, drop me a message. 

3 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

On a slight tangent I’d be interested to see what hard cases there are for Mustangs as they seem rare as chicken lips. 

There is a thread dedicated to Mustang hard cases and the like. If memory serves, this one is favoured somewhat https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-GL-BASS-Rigid-EPS-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Case/MWN

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2024 at 18:52, ezbass said:

There is a thread dedicated to Mustang hard cases and the like. If memory serves, this one is favoured somewhat https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-GL-BASS-Rigid-EPS-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Case/MWN

That's a flight case for an airplane hold? Not being sniffy - just doesn't quite look how I'd expect it.

On 09/03/2024 at 10:42, MichaelDean said:

I do actually have one custom made by Flightcase Warehouse, but it is with me in Bristol. If you can make that work, drop me a message. 

That's super kind - i suspect the fuel on the two return journeys would probably buy me most of one. Dagnabbit!

On 10/03/2024 at 18:47, bassbiscuits said:

On a slight tangent I’d be interested to see what hard cases there are for Mustangs as they seem rare as chicken lips. 

They do seem rare as.  To be honest my guitar sized Mono has served me well on many a trip - and it has once (involuntarily, mind) been in and out of the the hold. But that's not something I'd willingly repeat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbass2000 said:

That's a flight case for an airplane hold? Not being sniffy - just doesn't quite look how I'd expect it.

I wouldn’t have thought so, but it did get a lot of love in the aforementioned thread as an improvement on just a gigbag. TBH, I really like those semi hard cases and they can take quite a lot of shock loading, the one I had for my Ibanez was really good and, IIRC, this is the kind of case that Sadowsky provide as standard.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got a hiscox liteflite for my P bass for those rare times when I’ve had to fly or chuck it in a van full of other gear. I guess I’ll pad that out with extra foam inside for the few occasions that I need one.