Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray for £430?!?! Buyer beware!!

Glewi

Hi

Saw a Musicman Stingray 5 string for sale at £430 on FB Marketplace. Yes, I know.   I've never owned one before and was curious so I asked the seller for more images, which he supplied. But after much deliberation, I've now come to the conclusion that it's a FAKE.  From the headstock, down to the body shape, the neck plate, the bridge, it's all wrong. 

And I've asked for the serial number but unsurprisingly the seller has gone quiet.

I've attached a couple of images so that you can see for yourself.  Have a look and see if you agree.

Cheers.

420120807_7181780628581370_4429732346647827380_n.jpg

422585743_6858155200949560_49319351932146416_n.jpg

• Like 1

Faker than the fakest, fake thing.

Bridge - off a Sub or generic Chinese.  Headstock logos, back and front wrong. Body wood mismatched - never seen that on a trans EBMM.  Machine heads not marked.

Run away....

3 hours ago, Glewi said:

I'm still trying to find one thing/part on it that's genuine! And I'm still waiting for the serial number! 

I doubt there is anything legit about it. It's clearly an AliBaba special. A dirt cheap Chinese knock off, nowt legit or original, just fakery through and through!

• Like 2