Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD Express Bass

madshadows

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I think the detailed YT review that @TRBboy shared was super useful.

I felt that the most of the fx ranged from meh (e.g. the octave down was glitchy, the filter/synth nothing to write home about), passable (dirt) to decent (chorus / modulation) - be interested to hear what other folks reaction to that clip was or whether I'm being too harsh? Love the form factor though.

Personally I'm going to wait and see what bag of tricks Zoom have in store with the similarly compact form factor MS-60B Plus due out this year.

I thought the effects sounded generally good, but I guess it would be nice to hear someone run through some sounds they've configured in more of a song context. 

I'm gonna hold off and see how I get on with this B1 Four I think. Is there a release date for the MS-60B Plus yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I felt that the most of the fx ranged from meh (e.g. the octave down was glitchy, the filter/synth nothing to write home about), passable (dirt) to decent (chorus / modulation) - be interested to hear what other folks reaction to that clip was or whether I'm being too harsh? Love the form factor though.

Personally I'm going to wait and see what bag of tricks Zoom have in store with the similarly compact form factor MS-60B Plus due out this year.

Not to criticise the reviewer too much but I'm not sure how you can tell that from 10 or 12 notes played at each setting and with ZERO change in playing style and timbre usually required for octave/tracking effects. I'd need hands on myself to make any kind of informed choice. A decent side-by-side with a Zoom B1FOUR would make for an interesting review...

• Like 4

Just now, Greg Edwards69 said:

I'd love to know how the pricing structure is calculated.

HX One: $299 = £249

Pod Express: $179 = £199

I thought that! When I saw the $ price, I expected it to be about £150 over here!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah, the form factor of it has just about won me over. It ticks a lot of boxes, but the MS-60B + is perhaps going to do all that and more. (and of course, there's always the B1-4 which is tough to beat and is less than half the cost of the Pod Express).

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

Drives sound shocking ! Wasp in a jam jar !! 

They never get drives right on low end multi fx 

Fun home tool but tones are questionable for much else 

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

@Al Krow I just emailed zoom, and although there's no precise date, they're expecting the MS-60B Plus to drop June/July sometime. 👌

Nice one!

Do you reckon you maybe could ask them if they're going to be using the same chipset as the MS-60B or will they be taking the opportunity to upgrade?  [Hint @ Zoom if you're listening: the MS-60B came out in Feb 2013 - and I remember buying my first one later that year!]

Sorry for the thread hijack...back to Line 6 & Yamaha 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Nice one!

Do you reckon you maybe could ask them if they're going to be using the same chipset as the MS-60B or will they be taking the opportunity to upgrade?  [Hint @ Zoom if you're listening: the MS-60B came out in Feb 2013 - and I remember buying my first one later that year!]

Sorry for the thread hijack...back to Line 6 & Yamaha 😊

I guess it'll be the equivalent of whatever they've done with the guitar version. I assume they'll upgrade?!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Thomann will have stock in 4-5 weeks and it'll cost £190.

Just been in Yamaha London. They said “mid April & RRP £208” but did imply that actual cost would be lower.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Just been in Yamaha London. They said “mid April & RRP £208” but did imply that actual cost would be lower.

There's a Yamaha shop in London?!

Do they have any of the new Ampeg Venture stuff to play with?!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wombat said:

That doesn't surprise me, Yamaha's 'show deals' at the UK Guitar Show were the same prices that all the retailers normally sell at!🤣

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eude said:

There's a Yamaha shop in London?!

Do they have any of the new Ampeg Venture stuff to play with?!

Oxford Street end of Wardour St. Very nice people - Gabriel & Ritchie even let this old man use their staff toilet!

They had quite a lot of Ampeg gear but not sure if they had what you want. Give em a call 02074324400.

Gibson Garage is just the other side of Oxford Street & in the middle is Tongue & Brisket who do the most amazing Salt Beef Sandwiches!

Day out….

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

That doesn't surprise me, Yamaha's 'show deals' at the UK Guitar Show were the same prices that all the retailers normally sell at!🤣

I know what you mean. I think it’s back to old fashioned haggling there though. I was looking at mixers (trying to get something with 4 busses so we can all have our own monitor feed) and he came down from £450 to £377 as soon as I showed him what it was on the internet, plus offered to throw in a soft case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wombat said:

Oxford Street end of Wardour St. Very nice people - Gabriel & Ritchie even let this old man use their staff toilet!

They had quite a lot of Ampeg gear but not sure if they had what you want. Give em a call 02074324400.

Gibson Garage is just the other side of Oxford Street & in the middle is Tongue & Brisket who do the most amazing Salt Beef Sandwiches!

Day out….

That's awesome, will try and pop in in the near future.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just saw a couple of videos and to be honest I rather prefer my Mvave Tank-B, for around £72 (From Temu) you get:

- 36 presets

- 9 Amp sims

- 8 IR slots (You can add your own)

- Bluetooth playback

- Tuner

- USB connection (Recording Interface, Firmware)

- Direct recording connection (Phone or Pad)

- Presets can be edited using a phone or computer app (Android, IOS)

- Effects pretty much work like those on the Line 6 (Chorus, Reverb, Delay, Phaser, Octave)

- Compressor (A compressor that works unlike the Tech21, Dapper & Boom Ave, which all suck)

- Gate

- 12 hour rechargeable battery

- XLR Output

- Amp Output

- Headphone Output

And plays nicely with external effects.

TankB.png.4b5556443eddb71cf5156be0dfd95fea.png

Edited by Mcgiver69
  • Like 5

Watched the video and I think its a little strange that two of the amp/cab sims are Ampeg, yet they have modelled the SansAmp (SVT in a tin) as one of the drives?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mcgiver69 said:

I just saw a couple of videos and to be honest I rather prefer my Mvave Tank-B, for around £72 (From Temu) you get:

- 36 presets

- 9 Amp sims

- 8 IR slots (You can add your own)

- Bluetooth playback

- Tuner

- USB connection (Recording Interface, Firmware)

- Direct recording connection (Phone or Pad)

- Presets can be edited using a phone or computer app (Android, IOS)

- Effects pretty much work like those on the Line 6 (Chorus, Reverb, Delay, Phaser, Octave)

- Compressor (A compressor that works unlike the Tech21, Dapper & Boom Ave, which all suck)

- Gate

- 12 hour rechargeable battery

- XLR Output

- Amp Output

- Headphone Output

And plays nicely with external effects.

TankB.png.4b5556443eddb71cf5156be0dfd95fea.png

I spotted these the other day.

Are you liking it a lot then?

I tried the Tech21 Bass FlyRig 2 and it left me a bit cold, considering the price tag and the fact I love my BDDI it was weird.

What are the amp Sims?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPJ said:

Watched the video and I think its a little strange that two of the amp/cab sims are Ampeg, yet they have modelled the SansAmp (SVT in a tin) as one of the drives?

I don't think it's all that strange, they were bound to include arguably the most popular bass amp, and the most popular bass overdrive. 🤷 Even though the Sansamp is based on the SVT, they don't sound exactly the same.

• Like 1