• Leonard smalls
    • Dad3353
    • Doctor J
    • AndyTravis
    • upside downer
    • Lurksalot
    • Wolfram

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/24 at 00:01

After a welcome return to winning ways for @Leonard Smalls in January,  in his usual inimitable style, he offered the following for our inspiration...  

"Here's a pic for next month entitled "Root Vegetables From South East London""

image.png.45b561722f1ab6db14f20844d5f46cb0.png

Have a listen through these to pick your favourite three  

Voting will close at midnight on the 29th Feb 

1 @Leonard Smalls     I was tempted to defy the directive and do Putney Parsnip Dub... Then I nearly veered off north of the river to attempt Pimlico Parsnip or even Totenham Turnip Dub.

However, because I always do what I'm told, here we have a dubwise celebration of South East London's finest root vegetables.

2 @Dad3353  "I can hear the blood beating though my ear-lobes..! A faint whistling, and birds chirping..! I thought the room was silent, but the whole house emits creaks and groans, and there's a car going by..! Wow..! Silence never sounded so loud..! Far out, man; far out..!"     

Recorded using Reaper, with no mixing or treatment, so that the full benefit of the auditor's listening experience is as pure as possible. Good on headphones; better yet on a fully-spec'ed hi-fi system, so as to appreciate the Sound of Silence. Chemical enhancement is not required, nor advised; your move may vary.

@Doctor J    I've never seen it (Withnail) so I just picked a root vegetable and went for it

4 @AndyTravis  it was the idea of an 80’s soundtrack.  tried a bit of Pino magic here and there, but the kids are in the house bored and noisy…s

5 @upside downer   A lazy lollop through Woolworth's looking for hippy wigs. Sit back, have a bit of what you fancy, close your eyes and find your neutral space.

6 Lurksalot .    This one took  me through 'escape to the country' and to Rupert Holmes' pina colada song , you might catch a reference 

7 @Wolfram  Our man just wants to chill, but his better half thinks he's too far gone. Can she get through to him? I present "Party".

There we have it 

Another quality and eclectic selection for you :)

Choose your Favourite 3 and put a tick in the appropriate boxes 

Voting will close at midnight on the 29th Feb 

• Thanks 1

Ah , just thought on with this , maybe should have only had 2 votes this time . 
for the entrants , discounting your own entry,  means you are still voting for half the field 😁.

It will all come out in the wash I’m sure 😁

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Ah , just thought on with this , maybe should have only had 2 votes this time . 
for the entrants , discounting your own entry,  means you are still voting for half the field 😁.

It will all come out in the wash I’m sure 😁

Hard enough to narrow it down to three, let alone two!

• Haha 1

It's beginning to look likely that I'll be sending out Certificates in bulk..! Luckily there's no postage surcharge, but the lettering is going to be tiny if I have to cram it all onto one document..! :lol:

• Haha 2