Why become a member? ×

Guitarists get all the good Fender cases.

Hutton

For those of you who like cases I have a question. Why do the guitarists get all the cool colours for their Fenders. They get denim, navy blue, red, surf green, wavy checkerboard, and pink. We get pink - that's it just pink. I have a surf green American original 60s precision. How cool would it be to have a surf green case to match. So why do the guitarists get all the colours and we don't. It's time to petition Fender for an answer to this question and to chain ourselves to the railing until we get satisfaction. 

19 hours ago, Hutton said:

How wrong would it be to have a surf green case to match. 

Fixed. Cases should only be black or in the event of early Fenders, tweed. Anything else is too extravagant for the bass community and would bring our dull reputation into disrepute.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, neepheid said:

Why would you want a conspicuous case anyway? 

HI THIEF!  STEAL ME!  LOOK AT ME, I'M SHINY, THEREFORE MORE VALUABLE!

This is ultimately what put me off getting the pink case above for my pink Limelight. I'd love to have a matching case, but it does scream 'NICK ME!'

On the other hand I really want a snakeskin case like this...

image.png.43efd3b360e9a1c34109674f48d94da5.png

I absolutely love it and am always tempted by it. As above, I don't want it to stand out, but that doesn't stop me thinking about it. I kinda hope people might think it' so tasteless that they might ignore it. But who could ignore that? In an ideal world the lining would be pink or leopard skin patterned too. 

• Like 1