Why become a member? ×

NAD Big Hartke 90’s stuff

AndyTravis

Love it. Had an HA3500 back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Also had a Ripper too which I totally regret selling despite it just not fitting my frame. Right arm felt so comfy on that big body but my left hand was stretched way too far to play a low F. Still miss it though.

• Like 1

Just now, attackbass said:

If you want to save your back the HL Cabs are amazing! Not the same tone or heavy 90s nostalgia as the XL series though!! 

It’s the tone. 

haven’t played Hartke for years, tonight I plugged in and turned up…that “edge” is…PHWOAR

12 minutes ago, attackbass said:

I love the amps and cabs. Somehow wrangled an artist deal with them after being blown away by a Hartke rig at a festival. It has the sound that I love! 

You’ll know better than me then.

is this cab early 90’s?

I had a Hartke HA7000 when they first came out and quite simply the best amp head I've ever owned. Bought a second hand one about 5 years again and it confirmed it was absolutely amazing. Wish I'd never sold it but they are big heavy old beasts but truly amazing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/79yh6Jirwbbu6i3Y/?mibextid=WC7FNe

saw some action yesterday, the bass was actually DI’d from the head.

But sounded great in the room.

That fella can really sing. What a great voice.

I really like Hartke amps. I almost bought the combo version of your Hartke rig but when I tried to pick it up it felt like it was nailed to the floor. A head and cab might be a bit more manageable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I used one of these amps last week, was very easy to get a very good sound from it, GLWTS.

Yeah they’re just what I want - enough to mess about with, but not too many bells and whistles.

The 5500 is just an extravagance as this is plenty loud enough.

• Like 1

I still have a special place in my heart for Hartke. I love those ole 4.5XL cabinets with the big ole port and 5” mid driver on board too. I was a Hartke endorser for many, many years - Larry Hartke himself gave me my deal! 

I still rate them and if I had space I’d have my ole rig still.. but.. I don’t . Ha ha! 

• Like 1