Why become a member? ×

When you eBay drunk…make lemonade (DIY defret)

AndyTravis

Just now, AndyTravis said:

America Online?

Yes. Many many years ago, AOLers posting in newsgroups would quote the entirety of a post in order to add "Me 2". So This then got spoofed by non-AOLers who wanted to say "Me 2" saying "AOL" instead (and keeping the quoting down).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Yes. Many many years ago, AOLers posting in newsgroups would quote the entirety of a post in order to add "Me 2". So This then got spoofed by non-AOLers who wanted to say "Me 2" saying "AOL" instead (and keeping the quoting down).

Ah! Ok. Very good. 😂

Posted (edited)

Ah - ballsed up:

The “hilarious” Flamenco plates arrived - and instead of the manky, trashy white/cream plastic I wanted - they’re clear.

Far too understated.

Luckily, I’ve returned them to swap…

A postage mistake to the tune of a tenner - for a visual joke. Knobber.

Also, now the bass is settling…I’ve realised - in my hasty sanding, I’ve flattened off a spot I didn’t want to in the fretboard…🙄 so unless I want a ridiculously high action - I need to get a 9.5” radius block (based on a fender jazz fretless radius).

The last time I did this it was a brand new 5 string with a very flat fingerboard - not sure I’ve worked enough of the 40/45 years play wear on this one yet.

So, before recording - more work to do…

Wish @Andyjr1515lived around the corner.

I’ve still not braved the nut yet.

Edited by AndyTravis

43 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Hi Andy

You are very welcome to borrow a 9.5" block. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. :)

The lineup looks fab!

Have bought one should arrive tomorrow, thank you for the lovely offer.

Lineup is ace; just need to learn how to play the blummin things.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2023 at 23:39, AndyTravis said:

This was Trivento Malbec…it was on offer. So I bought 2. Didn’t realise I could save bottle 2 for the next evening…🥴

save bottle 2 for the next evening........................................ really?..............................can you................................

1 minute ago, police squad said:

save bottle 2 for the next evening........................................ really?..............................can you................................

Nah, if you buy 2 at once…rude not to isn’t it?

1 hour ago, police squad said:

Yes you can. And if it's Scotch then you definitely should!

• Haha 2

On 04/01/2024 at 08:03, police squad said:

I shudder to think what he would buy in that scenario. A reindeer perhaps, or a sitar

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Geek99 said:

I shudder to think what he would buy in that scenario. A reindeer perhaps, or a sitar

I’d swap out our only cow for some magic beans.

Edited by AndyTravis