Why become a member? ×

Should I get this guitar, or something else?

Baloney Balderdash

I am in a position where I can either get the pedals that I believe will complete my setup, more specifically an EHX Deep Freeze Pico (mini pedal version of the Freeze, but with more features), an EHX Attack Decay, and a TC Electronic Ditto X4 Looper, or the Squier Paranormal Rascal Bass that I have had a keen eye on as well.

However I have also been wanting a Yamaha Revstar RSS20 guitar for a long time, and I have fallen deeply in love with how this looks and sound:

image.thumb.png.e2fb452b549f61bdf63d1b33555ae0fb.png 

And I do kind of a need a guitar too, but if I bought the Squier Paranormal Rascal Bass I could still buy a cheaper guitar.

However this Revstar would be THE guitar of my dreams, and would most likely be the only guitar I'll ever need again.

What should I do?

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Or maybe this Ibanez AM93ME, with Ebony fretboard and Makassar Ebony body:

image.thumb.png.6335aedc28e225615fbf4c73c283ba04.png

No, stick to the Revstar. Chris Buck and Matteo Mancuso know a thing or two about guitars, follow their lead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a guitar person but I'm not into effects so I would say get the guitar. Having said that, the first year I persuaded Mrs A to let me buy the only guitar I would ever need was about 30 years ago. I've owned around 30 since then.