Why become a member? ×

Steve Digiorgio Signature Ibanez

Bigwan

Different preamp, but if it's what he uses, why design something new if that's what he's settled on for himself? Out there is all very well but Ibanez are in the business of selling instruments, if it's too out there how many will they sell other than to hardcore SD fans. Needs to work for players as well as SD fans.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Different preamp, but if it's what he uses, why design something new if that's what he's settled on for himself? Out there is all very well but Ibanez are in the business of selling instruments, if it's too out there how many will they sell other than to hardcore SD fans. Needs to work for players as well as SD fans.

Yeah fair enough, he's got such a distinctive style I guess I thought the bass might also be distinctive. He probably sounds like himself on any bass though.

Anyway, it looks very nice and it's nice to see him getting wider recognition.

• Like 1

Steve has had a phenomenal career -the list of albums he's worked on is full of influential recordings.

He's mainly known for bands such as Death, Sadus and Testament, but he also rerecorded all of the bass parts for the last Megadeth album, after the last incumbent was caught in a compromising situation with a fan online.

The fretless work on the Control Denied album - The Fragile Art of  Existance is nothing less than godlike!

A sig model that is long overdue, and will no doubt be a killer instrument

10 hours ago, Raj_Shredder said:

I’ve never heard of Steve before now. I actually really like the specs of this model. Good looking bass too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...