Why become a member? ×

Customer service.

Rayman

John East is one of the nicest companies to deal with. John is a true gentleman and responds quickly to all enquiries and, as many of us know, his products are ace. I'm fortunate to live relatively close to his HQ and have popped in a couple of times over the years. He happily fitted my pre for me while I waited.

My biggest service gripe is when I pop into music shops and the person serving me is so distracted that they barely look me in the eye and they make me feel like I'm just an inconvenience that they're only happy to serve because it will get rid of me quicker.

Edited by mrtcat

Well after over fifty years of playing and gigging

i am now going through a bit of a time of it

my mark Alain Caron super combo develops a major issue during a gig

its now been taken for repair ect 

its 14 months old

so far the experience has been at best poor

i have now had to get a 102 cab and head to continue to allow me to work

will keep everyone posted to the outcome good or bad

not happy

absolutely not happy

more could have been done

13 hours ago, stef030 said:

Well after over fifty years of playing and gigging

i am now going through a bit of a time of it

my mark Alain Caron super combo develops a major issue during a gig

its now been taken for repair ect 

its 14 months old

so far the experience has been at best poor

i have now had to get a 102 cab and head to continue to allow me to work

will keep everyone posted to the outcome good or bad

not happy

absolutely not happy

more could have been done

I ended up going to a local amp repairer (Electronic Music Services in Southend) when my old Mark Bass LMII developed a fault after a small drop. I had contacted Mark Bass first and their attitude was that it was a discontinued product so they wouldn't help and I should replace it with a new model. Even the local amp repairer had a job to source the parts needed.

I get that it's not practical to hold a large inventory of spare parts for every model ever produced, but as markbass seems to discontinue products at a seemingly quicker rate than many of their rivals, I find it quite frustrating that Mark Bass advocates such a throwaway culture. The yellow company is not exactly "green".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

I ended up going to a local amp repairer (Electronic Music Services in Southend) when my old Mark Bass LMII developed a fault after a small drop. I had contacted Mark Bass first and their attitude was that it was a discontinued product so they wouldn't help and I should replace it with a new model. Even the local amp repairer had a job to source the parts needed.

I get that it's not practical to hold a large inventory of spare parts for every model ever produced, but as markbass seems to discontinue products at a seemingly quicker rate than many of their rivals, I find it quite frustrating that Mark Bass advocates such a throwaway culture. The yellow company is not exactly "green".

I suppose I am in the fortunate position that

i would probably be refunded due to the age and warranty 

not just from mark but the seller 

so I wait with bated breath for the outcome 😵‍💫

I bought a new G&L bass from the USA. The truss rod snapped. I am not complaining about that. Things happen. I have just received a brand new neck from G&L in the US as a replacement. This is the customer service we like.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Owen said:

I bought a new G&L bass from the USA. The truss rod snapped. I am not complaining about that. Things happen. I have just received a brand new neck from G&L in the US as a replacement. This is the customer service we like.

That's proper customer service and really it should be the norm. Sadly it seems,  more often than not, to be the exception.

Had some excellent service from one of our own recently - @Chienmortbb

He made me a replacement cable for a Line6 G50 wireless system - I'd foolishly ordered a slightly incorrect spec, John was kind enough to re-make another cable in the correct spec and send it off to me. Top marks there for great customer service! 

On 03/10/2023 at 19:01, Owen said:

I hae been thinking about a G&L for some time. You/they might have just made up my mind,