Why become a member? ×

FS: Enfield/Sims/Fender Fusion Jazz - *WITHDRAWN*
£1000
Whitstable

Beedster

Enfield Fusion Jazz body with 2xQuad PUPs, Badass, 3-band Glockenlang EQ with various push/pull options also and Fender neck. Neck is an MIJ 75RI of the older type with S/N on the headstock. If you want a versatile bass, this does everything from Flea BSSM era to Flea Stadium Acadium era, to Jamerson, to Stanley Clarke, to Bernard Edwards, to..... I could make this simpler by saying that if they played a Precision, a Jazz or a 'Ray, this bass can probably do it!  

I've overspent on some building work or this would be going nowhere (but hey I have two Enfields, so I can console myself with the other which is my keeper FL). A few other rather nice Fender-alikes will be wandering onto the market over the next few days for the same reason :( 

No trades, price is firm. Thanks. I have several decent boxes so can courier at costs although I'd prefer collection or meet up (I'm in Whitstable but get to London regularly). I'll post some more detailed pics at the weekend

9ECF05B4-6DAF-4FC7-9A3A-F7C09AB48CC7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.1b1115cf7172cdffd6fd40542d8e3f3f.jpeg

1F06C719-1473-4BAC-A36A-F5ACFF9F64CD_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.94be843e9867386c0724e102ff51bad1.jpeg

18E7C1C6-0EC5-4159-B1E8-8962822B4ABC_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.198b5007c95c1faeef1999c3302361a6.jpeg

EEC1171F-2DFC-4239-985D-F1ABDDBB1E2D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e5a1dfdb75ffb59ca782d4d673478b29.jpeg

DDB17BD2-86A3-402E-9AA0-FEE842AE1388_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 36

4 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Chris - out of interest is it routed under the scratchplate as well as the control cavity or could you remove the plate and have it as a 'nude' jazz so to speak....

It is a beautiful body after all!

I'll check when home Andy but I assume yes (sadly) as is the case with my other Enfield 👍

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify, the body is that of an Enfield Fusion/Avenger built by Sims Custom Shop https://www.sims.guitars/enfieldguitars as opposed to a custom body with Sims Quad PUPs installed. In short the quality of the body, the routes, the circuits etc is as you'd expect given Martin's reputation for high quality work. 

Further info on this model (which was rebranded from Fusion to Avenger but like all Enfield basses is now discontinued) can be found here https://www.sims.guitars/enfield-guitars/avenger

• Like 2

This used to be mine; at least the loaded body was;  I only moved it on as I’m winding my bass gigging right down, or it wouldn’t have been going anywhere.  It’s both a truly astonishing design and a beautifully crafted instrument - the tonal range possibilities are almost infinite and at first seem slightly bewildering, but it’s really simply to use straight away as just about the nicest P bass you’ve ever heard, or the nicest J bass, and then start exploring the possibilities.

I think whilst you could still order an Avenger 2 bass from Sims they were around £2K, but this body was ordered with several factory upgrade options: in 2-piece swamp ash (stock: mahogany), satin natural finish (stock: painted) and 3-band Glockenklang preamp (stock: 2 band) that would have taken it to £2.4K as a full bass.

And of course, the seller is something of a Basschat legend that you can buy from with total confidence 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shaggy said:

This used to be mine; at least the loaded body was;  I only moved it on as I’m winding my bass gigging right down, or it wouldn’t have been going anywhere.  It’s both a truly astonishing design and a beautifully crafted instrument - the tonal range possibilities are almost infinite and at first seem slightly bewildering, but it’s really simply to use straight away as just about the nicest P bass you’ve ever heard, or the nicest J bass, and then start exploring the possibilities.

I think whilst you could still order an Avenger 2 bass from Sims they were around £2K, but this body was ordered with several factory upgrade options: in 2-piece swamp ash (stock: mahogany), satin natural finish (stock: painted) and 3-band Glockenklang preamp (stock: 2 band) that would have taken it to £2.4K as a full bass.

And of course, the seller is something of a Basschat legend that you can buy from with total confidence 🙂

Greg, thanks so much for the above mate. Having badgered you so long to sell it to me it goes without saying I feel a bit cheeky selling it so soon, but so is the gear roundabout! Hope all's well, hope our paths cross again soon 👍

• Thanks 1

You may have notice that the nut is broken - I hadn't but it's just been pointed out and although the bass seems to play fine anyway, it's not a problem I'd pass on to a new owner, so I'll need to check out the options on repair. Usually I'd do this myself but the binding makes it more of a problem. I'll update

4220730C-E583-432B-87F8-403229AF1449_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6c6ece858342b679007e2df5e0875655.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Beedster changed the title to FS: Enfield/Sims/Fender Fusion Jazz **WITHDRAWN**