Why become a member? ×

NBD: Vintera PBass

BassAdder60

Just purchased a new Vintera PBass and I’m very impressed with the quality and sound. Nicer than my Player Series PBass and highly recommend. 
Neck is a delight to play, awesome pickup too, even the vintage bridge is nice and works well 

I might consider a black pickguard but I’m not sure yet. 

IMG_4686.thumb.jpeg.0ad40da2bdea1a63c893660d0749b53e.jpeg

• Like 16

I remember playing a Vintera P at a show when they were first released, I was very impressed, especially with the neck, a V profile IIRC. The Vintera Mustang is good too. It seems that the top flight MiM (Vinteras and signatures)  instruments are extremely good. I haven’t seen any Vinteras recently, supply seems to be poor.

Black PG? Oh yes!

• Like 1

Good score. 

Are you talking about threaded saddles? They're the best (on a bbot)! 

The Vintera basses took over from the "Classic" range when Fender changed all the names & they've kept up the quality. I had a Vintera Mustang & it was great. 

27 minutes ago, Lw. said:

Good score. 

Are you talking about threaded saddles? They're the best (on a bbot)! 

The Vintera basses took over from the "Classic" range when Fender changed all the names & they've kept up the quality. I had a Vintera Mustang & it was great. 

Yep threaded saddles .. so good I’m going to take my HiMass Bridge off my Player Series 

Went to PMT Manchester yesterday with my daughter to try out a couple of basses. A very nice daphne blue Vintera 60s jazz (which for some reason is now about £300 more expensive on the website than when we were there yesterday), and then we were going to try the seafoam green 50's Vintera P, but it didn't work! Really low output, duff pickup or something. Looked really lovely, though.

37 minutes ago, mowf said:

Went to PMT Manchester yesterday with my daughter to try out a couple of basses. A very nice daphne blue Vintera 60s jazz (which for some reason is now about £300 more expensive on the website than when we were there yesterday), and then we were going to try the seafoam green 50's Vintera P, but it didn't work! Really low output, duff pickup or something. Looked really lovely, though.

Yep the Seafoam green is a lovely looking bass 

Strange about the pickup output, mine is around the same signal strength as my Player Series 

Congrats on a really lovely p bass! The necks on these are pretty easy to get around, despite being a bit chunky, and those pups are thunderous! I played one of these and a pro 2 in a shop not so long ago and thought the pro 2 sounded bland in comparison.

• Thanks 1

The anodized 

13 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

Just purchased a new Vintera PBass and I’m very impressed with the quality and sound. Nicer than my Player Series PBass and highly recommend. 
Neck is a delight to play, awesome pickup too, even the vintage bridge is nice and works well 

I might consider a black pickguard but I’m not sure yet. 

IMG_4686.thumb.jpeg.0ad40da2bdea1a63c893660d0749b53e.jpeg

The anodized gold pickguard makes it special.

Picsart_23-08-18_15-45-46-893.jpg

• Like 2

Nice bass @BassAdder60 congrats.

I've always been put off the Vintera range by the lack of easy truss rod access but most of what I read about them says they are a step up from the Mexican standard/Player range.

I'm with @jd56hawk re the Pickguard.  I have one of those gold anodised pick guards on my Squier 40th anniversary P bass.  All subjective of course but they look great.

If Fender are going to bring out a Vintera 2 range, I hope the 'unbolt the neck to access the truss rod classic feature' is discontinued.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Nice bass @BassAdder60 congrats.

I've always been put off the Vintera range by the lack of easy truss rod access but most of what I read about them says they are a step up from the Mexican standard/Player range.

I'm with @jd56hawk re the Pickguard.  I have one of those gold anodised pick guards on my Squier 40th anniversary P basses.  All subjective of course but they look great.

If Fender are going to bring out a Vintera 2 range, I hope the 'unbolt the neck to access the truss rod classic feature' is discontinued.

From what I’ve read is that the necks are very stable and truss rod adjustment is rarely needed unless changing string gauge etc

Out if the box it was setup perfectly ( very different to how the Player series are set or lack of it )

It does appear to be just that little bit more special and with shops clearing out stock they are closer to Player series pricing compared to a few years ago.

I’m really liking mine and the neck and frets and better lower action make it an easier bass to play. Pickup is better as is the tone control .. far more usable treble reduction without the low end becoming woolly. 

Even the bridge is better albeit basic but the threaded saddles are a huge improvement over the Player Series that suffer from movement and screws working themselves out ! 

Great bass 

• Like 1

I've had both a player and Vintera Precision but I found the neck on the Vintera to be too clubby for me. It just felt really massive and uncomfortable to move around the neck the way I am used to. That and the anodised scratchplate felt horrible every time my finger nails scratched across it.

Having said that, the Vintera is definitely a step up in terms of quality and sound. The scratchplate could easily have been changed, it was just a pity about the neck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delberthot said:

I've had both a player and Vintera Precision but I found the neck on the Vintera to be too clubby for me. It just felt really massive and uncomfortable to move around the neck the way I am used to. That and the anodised scratchplate felt horrible every time my finger nails scratched across it.

Having said that, the Vintera is definitely a step up in terms of quality and sound. The scratchplate could easily have been changed, it was just a pity about the neck

Strangely I don’t find the neck a lot different to my Player Series PBass in terms of playing. I’m a big guy with reasonably large hands and it feels more right than say a Jazz neck hence why I recently sold off my lovely new Jazz. 
Wider slightly but less chunky due to radius etc and it just feels right for me. 

Jury is still out regarding the pickguard