Why become a member? ×

Want to learn slap bass?

Jakester

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

I have no use for it but I would like to be able to do it

That was the same as me, I’ve no use for slap reggae 😁, but I wanted to be able to play one tune I really like which is Forget me Nots, I watched so many videos and tutorials but couldn’t get it right , I ended up having lessons , imo it’s much harder than it looks and takes up a lot of time, I don’t like the really fast stuff but this is pretty cool 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some slap bass in the right context sounds great and I wish I could do it better. A bit of a problem for me is that I usually play quite lightly finger-style, and slapping comes out a lot louder, so then I have to think about a limiter to rein it in. First world problems eh?

What I don’t care for is the slapping that is often used to demo bass gear. Sadly, much of this sounds to me like a filing cabinet full of scrap metal falling down a fire escape.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Oh actually didn't mean you either, I'd include you in with Nilo and the snorkster.. 👍

( y'know one makes these sweeping statements just for effect 😉

Leave the door ajar and I'll come bounding through!  You know how it works :D

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Oh actually didn't mean you either, I'd include you in with Nilo and the snorkster.. 👍

( y'know one makes these sweeping statements just for effect 😉

You can't hate everyone,( exept us) couse Bonnie and Clyde didn't hated anyone, they just robed everyone.