Why become a member? ×

Relating to your drummer

Mickeyboro

15 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Absolutely not, don't they have a funny little thing with a few strings they hit with sticks or something.. 

Think Waddo, think. Did You really thought that Pastorius died from drug overload?

18 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Think Waddo, think. Did You really think that Pastorius died from drug overload?

English is complicated but you don’t improve if people don’t pick you up on mistakes (kindly)

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 2

I currently play with an incredibly rare beast of a drummer - he is tasteful, measured and considered.

We have gelled really well, at a recent practice we were working on a new tune and when we got to the end I said I liked what he had been doing with the kick. He replied that he was following my right hand. "That's funny" I said. "My right hand was following your kick!"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

Thank You !

I was endlessly corrected on my use of German when in Austria … that’s why I added “kindly”

you could have said “did you really think that …” or “had you really thought/believed/imagined that..”.

Both add up to the same thing, but the second one is slightly more archaic in style. 

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Which reminds me.. We haven't heard from old @snorkie635 recently...

Hope he hasn't put the batteries in the wrong way round, and electrocuted himself.. the muppet.. 

Hmm, do You have models with ac/dc adapters required? Hope he didn't put 220 instead of 9.

• Haha 1

On 01/07/2023 at 18:51, Mickeyboro said:

I have booked a practice session with our drummer to try to develop our playing relationship. Has anyone done this, did it work and have you any hints please?

Who's idea was it?

In my experience, whenever someone says "maybe you and I can get together and work on that a bit"  it usually means that one person, isn't happy with what one other person is doing. 

You'll either end up addressing, but not necessarily sorting the problem, (possibly risky) or spend three hours delicately sidestepping it. Good luck though, in principle, a good idea.

• Like 1