Why become a member? ×

Songs you play when you've just got in from the pub

far0n

Obviously you're drunk. therefore no Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten or Level 42. Strangely I like to sit down and play On The Beach by Chris Rea. Fab little laid back affair, just the right tempo for a pissed person to drag themselves through. For the record it has to be the extended album version. Headphones are compulsory so you don't wake the neighbours up !

[quote name='Eight' post='478561' date='May 3 2009, 09:27 PM']You lot can play when you get home from the pub?

Christ... after a few pints, my basses all become twelve stringers in some ancient tuning.[/quote]

Same here, i usually put on Dr Feelgoods Milk and Alcohol. and end up making a balls of it. i always thought Wilko Johnson played guitar on that track.but it seems Gypie Mayo did it. you learn something every day.

Edited by beerdragon

[quote]You lot can play when you get home from the pub?[/quote]

You are missing a word... THINK
Yeah when I get home from the pub I THINK I can play and the Joan Armatrading track I mentioned is a nice slow number so I have plenty of time to hit the chord changes and sometimes I get it right :)

[quote name='far0n' post='478022' date='May 3 2009, 12:12 AM']Obviously you're drunk...[/quote]
Hey... wha' d'ya mean "obviously"...? Are you intoxicating that I'm insinuated!?! <hic> :)
Seriously though, I have to say I don't get in drunk after a gig. I simply can't afford to lose the old driving license otherwise it's pretty much goodbye music career!!
The only thing that goes on after a gig is the kettle! Followed by the computer (to check email). Followed by, if anything, something on the laid-back side. A bit of Joni, maybe. Or maybe a bit of Latin/Jazz. It's probably 2 or 3am after all!

Cheerzzzzz,
Steve