Why become a member? ×

FREE FLIGHT CASE FOR SHIPPING!

carlsim

I am starting this thread to see if we can get a 'pay it forward' kind of thing going on with a flight / hard case I have been given.

I am about to send a bass through a courier and mentioned this to a friend and he told me he had a old spare flight/hard case in the loft he was going to bin.

He offered it to me and I am going to be sending a bass to @Happypants using this case. I thought it could then be used by some one else who may need a more secure way of posting a bass. 

I will post some pics of it (inside and out) - hopefully it will have some use. It will be making its way to Orpington (SE London way) so will be free to anyone who can collect it from there.

I did envisage it becoming a Basschat box - used by members to ship basses around the country - I may be somewhat deluded by this!

Any thoughts on this? Am I deluded? Can someone ask a mod if there is a better place for me to post this?

Thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I picked it up earlier from my pal, it’s certainly a bit of a beastly case so will be good for postage. It will add a few kg to the weight though! Saying that, a few extra pounds for extra weight postage wise is worth it for the protection.

• Like 2

It's worked in the past with a custom bass which was played and passed on. I believe there was a happy ending - BCers tried the bass, builder got lots of feedback and it eventually went home to the builder (what was his name!!).

Good idea...lots of positive karma.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/09/2023 at 19:41, bass_dinger said:

@Happypants  I am planning to go to the South East Bass Bash in November, and will be taking 5 basses.  I live in Swanley, with my dad's house in Orpington. 

Might that be a way of putting the flight case back into circulation?

Apologies, should have updated the thread, I used the case of doom to post a bass to @funkle so I no longer have it.

• Like 3