Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Depends if you paid or not!

What might not be clear in any of the previous posts to people who have not been to a bash before is that you can either pay on the door or you can send a message to @scrumpymike and ask for his paypal address and then send £13 to it by friends and family, in which case it is paid and you are then on the list, where you will be allowed through the security cordon as an express VIP *

Failing that, just send a message saying you are definately turning up and will pay at the door.

* some of that might be overhyped

Just for clarity and transparency:

1) We need at least 25 x £13 to break even, which is why we ask anyone who's willing to pay up front.

2) You don't have to pay in advance or even confirm - you can just turn up and pay on the door.

3) However, from the planning and organising point of view, it's helpful to us to also know all those who are not paying up front but definitely intend to come.

4) On the few occasions when it's happened, we've always refunded anyone who's already paid but been unable to make it for whatever reason.

In practice, the raffle always makes a significant contribution to financing the event - but we obviously can't count on it.

Any remaining cash balance is used for booking the hall (which I get at a reduced rate cos I'm a Trustee 🙂).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've been umming and ahhing as to whether or not I can drag my backside out of bed (as I'll be gigging the night before and it'll end up being a late one) but put me down as confirmed - can't take it with me 😄

That's the spirit!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've been umming and ahhing as to whether or not I can drag my backside out of bed (as I'll be gigging the night before and it'll end up being a late one) but put me down as confirmed - can't take it with me 😄

Where are you gigging on the Saturday night?

43 minutes ago, neepheid said:

That's the spirit!

Yeah, I shouldn't be so lazy on the weekends, but when you've been getting up at 04:45 for the last 10 years, it does become quite tempting to have a lie-in, particularly when getting to bed in the wee small hours (in our house 08:00 is considered a lie-in)😄

Sorry, missed your question - in Salisbury, The Huntsman's Tavern

Edited by Thor
Added a few bits

13 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Yeah, if it means a few extra quid each to make the magic figure of £325 then recalculate away.

...and that's not counting the boost to the Raffle when Neep offers Photo Opportunities with his new Explorer for a tenner a pop! 😉

(bring yer own Nigel Tufnel wig!)

Edited by sandy_r
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

If you don't quite hit the 25 confirmed @scrumpymike then please let us know. I'll happily up my contribution to pick up some slack.

51 minutes ago, sandy_r said:

Ditto, thanks

Double ditto.

Come on folks, we can't let this go!

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For anyone that is unsure about this bass bash, it is a really relaxed event. There’s no relentless slapping or folk trying to show how good they are (I’d fail anyway!) just a load of different gear and people with a common interest.

Ask yourself how often you can chat about basses without the other person falling asleep or asking why you need more stuff……

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

For anyone that is unsure about this bass bash, it is a really relaxed event. There’s no relentless slapping or folk trying to show how good they are (I’d fail anyway!) just a load of different gear and people with a common interest, and the food and the laughs and Jabba's incredible instruments and the perfect end-of-week safety valve, oh and the food.

Ask yourself how often you can chat about basses without the other person falling asleep or asking why you need more stuff……

FTFY.

9 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Right, so I've PM'd my PayPal details to all confirmed up-front Bashers. If you don't do PP, just PM me back and I'll send my bank details for a transfer payment.

hi Mike  could you check PMs please (...he says, hoping there's still crumble on offer!). Thanks