Why become a member? ×

My current lineup

Old Horse Murphy

Here is my current lineup of basses and after a run of cancelled gigs (there's nothing in the diary now until early April), I have no inclination to either add to or subtract from these any time soon. I did recently take delivery of one of the new Epiphone Newport short scales but it really wasn't for me so I returned it. 

Anyway, from left to right is my Sandberg II VT4 in an aged gold finish, 72 Jazz Bass, 75 P Bass and my old American Standard P Bass that I've had for years and is still the benchmark for any bass I play.

All of them weigh under 9.5lbs (Sandberg 8lb 2oz, Jazz 9lb 3oz, 75 P 9lbs and P Bass 9lbs 3oz) and all do something slightly different to each other for me to justify keeping them as part of my much reduced arsenal.

The Sandberg has been a revelation and having owned a few in the past I've rediscovered my fondness for them. 

30CAA4E0-26F8-4631-9C28-849F35C407EA.jpeg

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, wintoid said:

Nice!  How close to a vintagey P-bass can the TM4 get?

It's not too bad when played with the passive bypass but as it has a reverse P pickup it's not exactly the same; close though. The Sandberg electrics really make them incredibly versatile though. 

• Like 1

75 P bass, gorgeous ash body and a sane mass ✴️.  In my guitar playing era I had a rather nice 1980s ash / maple strat (the body would be custom shop stuff these days). 9lb it was not, way too heavy, so moved on for another G&L bass.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

You could have made the bed first! 😄

That's a beautiful collection - and surprisingly light! I'm going assume the black and tort P is an unofficial Colin Grigson signature model.

tumblr_f17bd0928e5f867f1638790aab9a8150_33320274_540.gif

He was clearly an influence but do you know, I never realised he played a black P Bass. The only bass I recall him playing was a Ric-ish Semi Acoustic.