Why become a member? ×

FS: Mesa M6 Carbine 2x12 combo £500 collection only - *SOLD*
£1000
Whitstable

Beedster

Defo my favourite unit at present but also the one that will get me the most cash at a point in time at which I need to gather funds to convert an outbuilding into a music room/studio. I've got a few other things up for sale including a Mesa WD-800 so I'll probably either keep that or this depending which sells, but given that I also own three other heads - including an M-Pulse 600 - and two other cabs at present, I'm not short on volume boxes but am short on spare cash! Photos courtesey the lovely folks in Cardiff from who I bought the beast, still looks exactly the same having been gigged only once since 👍

image.thumb.png.b3ead16a9120e5dc212309d72194a0d0.png

image.thumb.png.c77c77ef496e8ca41159dc5f62913f0a.png

image.thumb.png.2737d9178693e950bc6dd8c76ca4f231.png

image.thumb.png.42c26c23cb55e8bf3b72d1a0bc720f86.png

image.thumb.png.9bdcb0329ed4f2cb022a4be61f9cb745.png

By comparison with the previous Mesa series the user interface is far simpler but to my mind equally effective, especially the preset voice function

image.thumb.png.0735ed5fb3c371f43997c0db2e1d8f99.png

image.thumb.png.0d29db380a21e36ebd5f3f2514da9744.png

image.thumb.png.f03199f7fd684c146e1b451882aa63fc.png

image.thumb.png.329bb4f6060400edd362284a5c8a3332.png

image.thumb.png.f5527b17d5de50134694074014e87aec.png

image.thumb.png.2b46a36f632265f83346628ad6919abc.png

image.thumb.png.8826f430f490e2704e1dc51b3e8c307c.png

image.thumb.png.1c4a6c9e93031329f4bc572db78f76fc.png

Also comes with the original Mesa Engineering cover

No trades thanks, collection or delivery in London/SE, this is not a small or light unit. It is a monster in all respects 👍

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

A very big part of me wants to keep this, but the part of me that need to get some cash to get my rehearsal space/studio built this summer (and which also needs to free up some space while I do it), is currently winning :)

Sadly this is taking up space in my office that I really need to free up to bring in a rack unit. I'm going around in circles on trying to find another place in the house to keep it or possibly removing and rack-mounting the head and putting the cab in storage, but I suspect the best bet is to move it on. Happy to discuss offers/PX/trades with the above in mind 👍

• 4 weeks later...

I was working with a guy trying to get this to Slovenia but it looked prohibitive in terms of courier costs and import duties. However one option that emerged was to remove the head and send head and cab seperately, or simply to split the two and sell separately

So, in summary :)

• I can now post this, although I think UK only
  • I'm happy to sell the head (standard 19" rack-mount) and can separately, £700 for the head and £300 for the cab.

Having said the above, I'm tempted to install my M-Pulse 600 in the cab and see how massive that sounds; I used to own the Venture combo and I imagine this would be pretty similar. 

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 2x12 combo (head/cab now for sale separately)
16 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I was working with a guy trying to get this to Slovenia but it looked prohibitive in terms of courier costs and import duties. However one option that emerged was to remove the head and send head and cab seperately, or simply to split the two and sell separately

So, in summary :)

• I can now post this, although I think UK only
  • I'm happy to sell the head (standard 19" rack-mount) and can separately, £700 for the head and £300 for the cab.

Having said the above, I'm tempted to install my M-Pulse 600 in the cab and see how massive that sounds; I used to own the Venture combo and I imagine this would be pretty similar. 

The M-pulse sounds a great option. Give in to temptation, man!!

Mind you, a TT-800 into that cab (thinks).

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

The M-pulse sounds a great option. Give in to temptation, man!!

Mind you, a TT-800 into that cab (thinks).

Thanks @Steve Browning. The cab is pretty impressive, as is the head. A perfect combo with the possible exception of the 50kgs weight tag. If finances were different I'd keep it but I'm trying to convert an old building into a rehearsal space and the cost of materials is pretty much double what they'd have been a couple of years back, plus I've had to strip out all the electrics and start again, plus the roof's leaking! So, given that I also have the below rig that despite being rather dated and rather heavy, will still cause most people in the room to recognise that the bassist is in charge, the Carbine is on its way :(

IMG_95101.thumb.jpg.39956c9048b1beca956e9cada9c61f92.jpg

• Like 3

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 2x12 combo **Need space and cash so bargain to be had......**
  • wateroftyne changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 2x12 combo **Need space and cash so bargain to be had.....
  • wateroftyne unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Still available, if you want to see what all the fuss is about with Mesa gear, you play in a loud band, and you like your amps to be relatively uncluttered by controls, this would be a very good starting point 👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There's a rather elegant lifecycle to things on BC; how many of us have bought something, then sold it as the result of GAS, only to find ourselves realising the error of our ways and buying the same model - sometimes even the same item - again? 

This has sat unplayed for almost 6-months. I sat down and played it this evening and realised that, if I didn't own a Mesa Carbine M6 Combo, I'd be posting for one in Items Wanted. So I guess i've saved myself the bother of selling it only to find I need to buy it again! I'd like to say 'So with apologies, I'm withdrawing it", but given it's sat here for 6-months, I don't feel all that guilty :) 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Beedster said:

There's a rather elegant lifecycle to things on BC; how many of us have bought something, then sold it as the result of GAS, only to find ourselves realising the error of our ways and buying the same model - sometimes even the same item - again? 

This has sat unplayed for almost 6-months. I sat down and played it this evening and realised that, if I didn't own a Mesa Carbine M6 Combo, I'd be posting for one in Items Wanted. So I guess i've saved myself the bother of selling it only to find I need to buy it again! I'd like to say 'So with apologies, I'm withdrawing it", but given it's sat here for 6-months, I don't feel all that guilty :) 

It is a great amp and I almost considered buying it. Of course, I already have gear that does a similar job and too much of it, but for a minute, I was tempted...! 

I hope that it sees more action in the future and that you continue to enjoy your 'new' non-purchase... 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've the opportunity to buy a couple of things I've wanted/needed for a while and find myself a little low in the music budget, so while a big part of me wants to keep this the common sense part of me says sell it. The standard 19" 3u rackmount head is removable so I'll do the combo for £800, or the head for £550 (I'd quite like to keep the cab if someone wants the head only). Combo will need to be collected, head I can post. I suspect I'll withdraw this again if I find the money from somewhere else 👍

• Like 1

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 2x12 combo £800 or rackmount head £550
12 hours ago, krispn said:

If it wasn’t for the weight. 🙄

There's a lovely way around that however, rack the head, rack panel in the cab, same sublime sound, but instead of a single-unit rig weighing a lot you have a dual-unit rig with each component pretty light by comparison 

Having said this, I'm very happy to keep the cab, it's as sublime as the head, and having a couple of other sublime heads to use with it, it's not going to sit unused.

Either way, and all discussion of weight aside, the Carbine M6 head ain't that much heavier than most and is an absolute steal at £550 👍 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

There's a lovely way around that however, rack the head, rack panel in the cab, same sublime sound, but instead of a single-unit rig weighing a lot you have a dual-unit rig with each component pretty light by comparison 

Having said this, I'm very happy to keep the cab, it's as sublime as the head, and having a couple of other sublime heads to use with it, it's not going to sit unused.

Either way, and all discussion of weight aside, the Carbine M6 head ain't that much heavier than most and is an absolute steal at £550 👍 

You’re right and it’s unfair to chime in on the weight. I have other heads from this era. Powerful punchy and they do have weight to them in terms of the sound. My fender 800Pro is about 14kg and it’s entirely manageable.
These class A/B or what ever they are really do sound so good!

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 Carbine 2x12 combo £800 (or rackmount head only £550)
  • 1 month later...

Last bump on this before I take it to a shop for a consignment sale, sadly just a bit too big in both physical size and volume to justify keeping

So....

Combo £800

Head £550 (I have an old mesa Boogie 4u rack case that I can provide with it)

2x12 Cab £250

Happy to talk offers or trades on this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

How heavy is it?

43kgs so not light, although built in wheels and rolling bar take some of the stress off. As per pervious post, if I were going to be regularly gigging it in and out of clubs I'd probably rack the head and put a couple of rack panels in the combo 👍

• Like 1

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Mesa M6 Carbine 2x12 combo £500 collection only

OK, this has been sitting here at this price for 8-months, I'm getting the hint! I do need to move it out of the sound booth where it currently lives as the booth is being moved on Friday and will be in pretty much permanent use following that. If you can collect it in the next few weeks from my home in Whitstable you can have it for £500. Hell of a lot of amp for very little cash 👍