Why become a member? ×

Jule Amps Simone All Tube Preamp/DI - *SOLD*
£900
Lancashire

The Bucket

I’m selling my Jule Simone, bought brand new from the Bass Gallery in September ‘22. 

It was always a bit of a gamble buying this as the Gallery wouldn’t allow me to return it if it wasn’t my cup of tea, and after a few months of use I’m going back to my FEA DB-CL and RNDI. 

It’s an amazing sounding box, but for me I just prefer the cleaner, quicker sounding FEA/RNDI combo. 

Here's a link to the website - https://www.juleamps.com/page3.html

It’s in immaculate condition, hasn’t left my studio desk. Comes boxed, as new, with either UK or EU power lead. 

No trades, thanks. 

Cheers!

EBC24FFB-4E01-4F1F-A673-AB55F8FC7CB9.jpeg

Edited by The Bucket
  • Like 6

• The Bucket changed the title to Jule Amps Simone All Tube Preamp/DI
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2023 at 08:15, JapanAxe said:

Is this anything like the ‘birdcage’ preamp? That is the single most stellar sounding piece of bass kit I have ever experienced.

It's from the same family, but different. More versatile and a bit faster in response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 23:37, Lowend soldier said:

The youtube interview with jules is mindblowing. 

Inside these things look like Frankensteins lab.

But every chaotic piece is placed where it is for a specific result.

Guys like the rainman of tube circuits.

I had to find that video as soon as you mentioned it.

@The Bucket i would love to buy this pre-amp but funds do not stretch even half that far atm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2023 at 12:45, The Bucket said:

It's from the same family, but different. More versatile and a bit faster in response.

That's really interesting - I find the Monique to be very rapid in its response - more so than I'd expected.  Indeed, I was quite surprised - I use a number of SS pres (Glockenklang, Wayne Jones etc.).  These tend to be super-rapid and there's no discernible difference between them and the Monique.  I'd love to do an A/B trial.  It would be great to just try a Simone anyway but I can't really justify both

Edited by three
  • Like 1

On 08/03/2023 at 15:37, Lowend soldier said:

The youtube interview with jules is mindblowing. 

Inside these things look like Frankensteins lab.

But every chaotic piece is placed where it is for a specific result.

Guys like the rainman of tube circuits.

I spent a long lunch break at NAMM with Jule in 2020, it was a complete blast.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Jule’s creations are pricey , but are beautiful things. Simone was designed to give one the richness of a tube amp and yet be small enough to be carried in a backpack. He mentioned that it was ideal for someone that relied on public transit to get to a gig. He also makes a tiny 500 watt amp for use with Simone. 
I have Monique in a birdcage. And believe in the magic Jule creates. 

I’m surprised someone didn’t immediately grab this.

27 minutes ago, msb said:

Jule’s creations are pricey , but are beautiful things. Simone was designed to give one the richness of a tube amp and yet be small enough to be carried in a backpack. He mentioned that it was ideal for someone that relied on public transit to get to a gig. He also makes a tiny 500 watt amp for use with Simone. 

Still trying to save 😀

• Like 1

I was looking at them for several years before one finally came my way. I found one in the US and found the exchange to the Cdn dollar brutal , and then taxes. So it wound up being considerably more than I initially expected.

But I got it. And it lived up to the reviews I had been reading. 
As I said , I’m now a believer. 
I’ve only seen one other come up for sale since. So I’m glad I made the purchase. 
It was funny , I mentioned in a TalkBass forum that a Monique was on the way to Nova Scotia, and received an email from Jule himself. He thought he might have misplaced an order , I told him I had purchased a slightly used Monique , and he told me I could have kept him going for several days …

On 05/06/2023 at 21:54, msb said:

I would love to purchase this but unfortunately (for my bass playing at least!)! I'm buying a house and all my readies are going towards that atm.

With a house it never ends. I’ve paid off my mortgage , but there was also windows and doors , (we bought an older home) and a steep roof to shingle , and the endless trips to the hardware store with every seasonal change. Patio furniture and spending a fortune in the garden. It never ends , but home ownership is a wonderful thing. Congratulations GR7G5TER ! 

I’m looking at a new shed now … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you’re the fence these are fantastic preamps. The range you get from the drive and sense control alone are fantastic and they’re ‘notched’ pots so very easy to recall settings. The EQ is great set at noon and does the right amount of cut/boost with a nice wee gain bump too so it’s very fun to play with. 

I honestly don’t know why this doesn’t get as much or more kudos than the noble. Sure the noble sounds good but Simone is a far more versatile unit and the DI out is fantastic. I got compliments for a sound engineer the other week. After our second set she’s asked what I was doing with my pedals. I thought she was needing me to change something. No she told me it was the best bass sound she’d heard in that room ever- she the house engineer for that venue. Di out into element to the desk she basically said the bass needed nothing done to if at the desk. It was just “there”! I played the third set like a boss after that compliment! 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 4

• The Bucket changed the title to Jule Amps Simone All Tube Preamp/DI NOW SOLD