Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Elwood stunning Short Scale Bass - *SOLD*
£750
Leeds

petergales

I bought this bass new from Bass Direct last year to help me recover from a replacement shoulder operation following a fall that ruptured the tendons in my shoulder. It did its job perfectly but I'm now back playing my long scale basses again, so this must be offered for sale.

The bass is in mint condition and comes with Maruszczyk branded gig bag, tools and paperwork.

Body - Ash

Neck - hard rock maple - 30" scale

Fingerboard - katalox (rosewood)

19mm string spacing

Maruszczyk pickups (passive)

Colour - Transparent black burst.

Collection from Leeds or meet up within 50 miles.

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_0421.jpeg

Edited by petergales
SOLD
  • Like 9

On 14/02/2023 at 19:44, BassApprentice said:

Had a go on an Elwood short scale a few years ago when considering a trade. Super fun with amazing playability.

Best of luck moving this on 

Thanks.

Yes, they're really fun and so easy to play.

On 14/02/2023 at 20:00, JWes said:

Absolutely gorgeous. I remember looking at this many times on the Bass Direct website. Do you know the fingerboard radius?

Unfortunately I don't have a manufacturer's spec on the radius but I have some gauges that would suggest it's around a 10" radius at the 12th fret.

I kept looking at it when it was on the Bass Direct website too til GAS got the better of me and I bought it! Cost me £1150 as I recall - not cheap but real quality.

1 hour ago, Jon the Boat said:

I see, 19mm rather than 20mm, I believe. I wonder if that would feel better for me? A visit would determine that of course.

19mm vs < 18mm on the fender (it varies between 17 and 18 depending on the model). 19 would be standard for fender P basses for instance

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

19mm vs < 18mm on the fender (it varies between 17 and 18 depending on the model). 19 would be standard for fender P basses for instance

Thanks for the correction, mine is a recent PJ Player, I think from PMT I paid about £700 for it last November.

On 16/02/2023 at 14:11, Jon the Boat said:

As a matter of interest then, how would this compare with a Fender Mustang, if you have ever played one?  

Hi Jon

Unfortunately I've never played a Mustang but I can confirm it has 22 frets with a string spacing of 19mm at the bridge.

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I can confirm that the string spacing is 19mm at the bridge. That's much my preferred spacing.

15 minutes ago, petergales said:

I can confirm that the string spacing is 19mm at the bridge. That's much my preferred spacing.

Yes - I was going by your post - pointing out the Mustang is often* closer spaced than that

* but being fender, they have randomly and inexplicably changed it over the years from < 17 to almost 19 in various models. I have a squier CV mustang which is closer to 17

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, petergales said:

Hi Jon

Unfortunately I've never played a Mustang but I can confirm it has 22 frets with a string spacing of 19mm at the bridge.

Thanks Peter. I'm stuck offshore right now, until well into March. If it is still around when I get back to UK, and I can work on my missus, then hopefully I will get the chance to pop over and have a look. GLWTS otherwise.

1 hour ago, Jon the Boat said:

Thanks Peter. I'm stuck offshore right now, until well into March. If it is still around when I get back to UK, and I can work on my missus, then hopefully I will get the chance to pop over and have a look. GLWTS otherwise.

No worries Jon. We sometimes come to Liverpool to see our son. Alternatively we could meet up along the M62 somewhere.

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Yes - I was going by your post - pointing out the Mustang is often* closer spaced than that

* but being fender, they have randomly and inexplicably changed it over the years from < 17 to almost 19 in various models. I have a squier CV mustang which is closer to 17

I think you would find the build quality of these basses is much better than Fenders.

• Like 1