Why become a member? ×

Tyneside mini bass bash - Feb 2023 (PIC HEAVY)

wateroftyne

...and here's some more general pics.

Warwickhunt:

P2131005.jpg

P2131006.jpg

P2131007.jpg

P2131010.jpg

Ghostrider, Bassoctopus

P2131012.jpg

Ghostrider

P2131019.jpg

P2131030.jpg

P2131037.jpg

Warwickhunt:

P2131038.jpg

Dave Wilson (Aye, that one)

P2131046.jpg

P2131057.jpg

P2131060.jpg

P2131061.jpg

P2131080.jpg

P2131083.jpg

Bassoctopus

P2131086.jpg

Howard the Bass Doc

P2131153.jpg

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

Does yours have the inverted string orientation (it's my 12er)?

It doesnt. 

It also doesnt have that binding if im not mistaken.

It's in storage in the US. I need ti grt that over here. I also have a pair (guitar and bass) of acrylic neon green mockingbirds stored with it. 

4 minutes ago, lidl e said:

It doesnt. 

It also doesnt have that binding if im not mistaken.

It's in storage in the US. I need ti grt that over here. I also have a pair (guitar and bass) of acrylic neon green mockingbirds stored with it. 

The guy I got this off was gifted it by the owner/CEO of Musicvox (they were good friends) and he was told it was the prototype for the Space Cadet 12. I'm assuming they swapped to regular stringing, no pinstripe/binding and a narrower neck (this one is WIDE even for a 12er).  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

The guy I got this off was gifted it by the owner/CEO of Musicvox (they were good friends) and he was told it was the prototype for the Space Cadet 12. I'm assuming they swapped to regular stringing, no pinstripe/binding and a narrower neck (this one is WIDE even for a 12er).  

Such a cool company. I knew i had to have one right when i saw the big 12 on it! 

Someone here posted a musicvox short scale recently. Same colour and body shape 

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

Such a cool company. I knew i had to have one right when i saw the big 12 on it! 

Someone here posted a musicvox short scale recently. Same colour and body shape 

I really wanted a Hamer 12 (or anything Tom Petersson might have played) but this was the only 12 string bass for sale in the UK in over a year, so I got it.  I'm still looking for an alternative and then the Musicvox will be moved on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mario_buoninfante said:

Nice pics and gorgeous basses.

Intrigued by the blue 5 string Spector with the MM pickup, is that a Euro?

It’s a Euro Rebop MM-5. They’re bolt ons. I love it. 35” scale which Musicmans are not so the low B is both tighter physically and sonically. It’s great live, cuts through everything and very full. 
ive had mine clear lacquered on the body, neck and fingerboard as I don’t like oils and unfinished woods. 

Edited by cd_david
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cd_david said:

It’s a Euro are op MM-5. They’re bolt ons. I love it. 35” scale which Musicmans are not so the low B is both tighter physically and sonically. It’s great live, cuts through everything and very full. 
ive had mine clear lacquered on the body, neck and fingerboard as I don’t like oils and unfinished woods. 

Nice!

The maple fingerboard (I think it's maple) makes me think of a snappy, bright sound but, I was wondering how the MM style pick-up is affecting the "Spector sound"

• Like 1