Why become a member? ×

Fender Fools Gold Jazz

Duroc17

7 minutes ago, Gwilym said:

Not particularly, if you look closely.

The string location relative to the pup looks ok. However, the E string looks too far away from the edge of the fretboard - the opposite of what Lobster had to deal with. 

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 3

How did these ever get signed off, QC-wise. Didn't someone at some point go " maybe we should recall all of these, to prevent reputational damage?"

Maybe they just don't/didn't care and assume/d people will buy them and not complain or notice? Pretty poor, either way you spin it, from Fender's point of view.

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DTB said:

I think that would mostly be fixed with a side neck adjustment. So long as the nut is spaced ok which i think it was, just give the neck a whack. No need to even loosen the screws. !!!!

I think it would be mostly fixed by improved production methods, better quality control and people actually giving a sh!t about the products they are making...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

I think it would be mostly fixed by improved production methods, better quality control and people actually giving a sh!t about the products they are making...

It’s the same with most manufacturers I think. I looked at several Silver Sky guitars by PRS before I bought my 2, saw lots with poor string to neck alignment, string to pickup alignment and other issues. 
My Yamaha six string bass has a poor repair on the neck obviously done at factory or importers. 
My Ibanez EHB1506 nut wasn’t secured properly. 
All of which are premium priced instruments. 

My suggestion for the fix for the fender was somewhat tongue in cheek but I have seen it done more than once. 
Actually the only guitar I have that was perfect straight from the outset is my Clapton Strat so someone at Fender Corona gives a stinky poo. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kev said:

Unreal. 

These are £1,299.

I know the exchange rate isn’t great but $1299 is £1087ish Fender have been doing this in UK for a few years now seeing same £ and $ price which is another rip off unless it’s Brexit related import duty 

15 minutes ago, Duroc17 said:

I know the exchange rate isn’t great but $1299 is £1087ish Fender have been doing this in UK for a few years now seeing same £ and $ price which is another rip off unless it’s Brexit related import duty 

Its just the usual mark up for the non-US markets.  They all do it, its just the norm now.  Its not a Brexit thing though, no different exporting to UK and EU.

• Like 1