Why become a member? ×

"These instruments are extremely rare" £799.99

Max Normal

7 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I love the way these ebayers are so opinionated:

[quote]8 string basses are an extremely versatile tool that every bassist should have in their arsenal.[/quote]

er, no I don't even support Arsenal and I have no need for an eight string bass whatsoever.

I particularly like the following sentence:

"They allow the player to explore tonal possibilities that are otherwise impossible such as taking the role of a rhythm guitarist, making use of the higher octave strings to play chords while still being able to bring the thunder of a standard bass."

Does he understand that it isn't physically possible to play chords on the octave strings whilst playing bass parts on the lower strings (unless one has eight fingers that are the thickness of cocktail sticks, of course?). What a twunt.

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2022 at 13:23, prowla said:

I just knew it was going to be in Paignton; the seller brings in AliExpress instruments and then offers them as rare/custom models at an inflated price.

Is that a mini-toggle switch, top left? I've heard that some of these Chinese basses with actives arrive with the actives dud, defunct, and the buyer puts new actives in, or just leaves the bass passive, which is what I thi8nk's happened here.