Why become a member? ×

25 basses including 11 Alembic basses stolen from Station Music, Germany!

Hellzero

As @jazzyvee mentioned earlier, but it wasn't really noticed:

25 basses including 11 Alembic basses were stolen a few days ago from Station Music, Germany!

The total amount is around 275,000 euros.

The list of stolen Alembic basses is on the Alembic forum website, with some pictures, but just go to the Station Music website to see these stolen basses: https://www.station-musicshop.de/epages/64398533.mobile/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=48919944&PageSize=5

The link with serial numbers: https://club.alembic.com/index.php?topic=27500.msg279412#msg279412

• Sad 3

I do wonder if the people (b'stards!) who robbed the shop knew what they were stealing. I mean, if I was going to steal something I'd like to think I could sell it easily afterwards eg: the market for a knock off 70" TV is quite large (so I'm led to believe 😇) whereas finding someone to buy a bass guitar is severely limited. Compound that with a number of the basses are stolen are Alembics which are a niche within a niche, highly identifiable and not hugely desirable by the majority of the bass community! Either they have been stolen to order or will have to sell them on at a fraction of their shop value. I would love to own one (eg: No 14646 5 string above) but know that if I was offered one and could afford it i would immediately know it's a knock off! 🤣

Here's hoping they find the culprits and get the basses back.

• Like 2

I know that insurance will likely cover some of this…….but, it is a real shock that a reputable store like Station Music has become a victim. 

A big shout-out to those guys  who are warning the bass community by advertising this on the various internet auction sites and bass forums (fora?). 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Very upset by this: I was saving to buy either the short scale walnut or cocobolo series I they had and had been in touch with a very nice sales rep there; went online to check which had been sold only to see pretty much all they had was gone. I can’t imagine the shock the staff are going through, and hope this wasn’t an inside job.

I figured a very wealthy muso’d bought them all, but for some reason my gut told me to search “alembic basses stolen from Station Music” because of the number of basses missing from the stock, and this horrible news comes up. 

Yes, bastards who stole them; really wonder how they plan to fence them, and hope they are caught with alacrity; each Alembic being unique, we know they’re all irreplaceable. Damn them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

They must surely be hidden in a lockup somewhere. Even the most feckless fence would have have determined quite quickly that these could be identified and traced. That said, they could end up elsewhere, outside of Europe, where they might be more easily sold on.