Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tone Hammer heads reliability?

lukebassbs

Hi all,  Im wondering if any of you bass pals can shed some light on this. I love the sound of the Tone Hammer amps and i'm in the market for one... but due to having many amps fail on me in the past, before I invest I would really like to know if anyone had had any issues with them ?? 

Thanks 

Luke

46 minutes ago, itu said:

Please @lukebassbs, tell us how your amps have failed you. That might interest us.

Sure, Ampeg SVT 4 - one day turned it on had no sound- mainboard had a fault apparently....  

Ampeg SVT-3 again turned on one day no sound....

Recently a GK mb500, one channel blown ( my fault really ) but the other is now so noisy it's unusable ..... 

• Sad 1

It's next to impossible to gain a statistically valid picture of an amp's reliability from asking a forum.

I don't know that many were even sold in the UK.

But my memory is pretty good and I can't recall ever reading about a broken Aguilar on Talkbass either.

If you get along with the EQ you could probably do a lot worse. Always use genuine speakons and don't drop it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

It's next to impossible to gain a statistically valid picture of an amp's reliability from asking a forum.

I don't know that many were even sold in the UK.

But my memory is pretty good and I can't recall ever reading about a broken Aguilar on Talkbass either.

If you get along with the EQ you could probably do a lot worse. Always use genuine speakons and don't drop it.

Thanks, solid advice.... more just checking there's no major manufacturing issues. from my years of working in a music shop i know there are some "good" brands to approach with caution  

I’m a Bergantino guy , but have some old friends that are long time Aguilar users and can share their experiences. These are guys that are busy , and play a variety of venues so they’re constantly lugging it around and dragging it home. I’ve never heard of one reliability issue. It’s designed to be used. It’s well made. 
These are guys that look after their gear, not abuse it. 
No complaints that I’ve ever heard.

• Like 1